• 86 replies
    • 4.1k views
    • 16 replies
    • 2k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 93 replies
    • 8.2k views

• But again, nothing you say here changes anything. This team is going to be built from within. They are not going to try to build any other way…and they are right about that. This doesn’t mean they don’t need to spend but again, those guys will supplement the roster. And don’t think they won’t talk about how they added guys at the deadline for 2025. That they are “like free agent signings”.
    • It was the holder, not the kicker.  Jackson may not be perfect, but he's far from the problem this year. He's got a fumbling issue that may at some point cost this team a game or two, but there is no doubt he's playing some good football right now.
    • Yeah I'm surprised that Cleveland has been this bad. They were good last season. 
    • Gunnar also signed a one year contract.
    • The when is really two questions.  One is when do the O's stop being handicapped by the risk-averse mindset that's governed their behavior since 2018, and the second is when does a 74 year-old billionaire tire of being told he has to wait a little longer because Jackson Holliday needs to further refine his new toe-tap?  Oh, and we also need to nail down a position for Coby Mayo, and so on.  No question?  I think the questions are numerous and many of them pretty important, and because they're so important, I think we'll start seeing a change in approach beginning this offseason.  I certainly hope so. Nothing I've said disputes the need for internal development or diminishes the role our current core of young players - some of whom haven't exactly made a seamless transition - will need to play for sustained success.  Nor is it a call for stupid FA spending.  It very much is an argument that time needs to be thought of differently now that two very successful regular seasons are behind the O's and the huge impediment of Angelos ownership is no longer a factor.