O's have made final offer to vlad

Guest Hayden2004

Guest Hayden2004

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Heard this:O's settled with their position in the Vlad talks.O's want him at their price(package $4.5-5 m.).If not, they'll live with it.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Heard this:O's settled with their position in the Vlad talks.O's want him at their price(package $4.5-5 m.).If not, they'll live with it.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

So I guess he's not standing behind the curtain, huh?

Seems fair. Hope he takes it (if he chooses to) in time for a fanfest announcement.

They won't announce it until it is final. They got burned years ago on announcing a reliever (I can't remember his name). they announced his signing and he failed the physical. Despite the physical contingency, they were found liable for part of the contract since they had announced it.

That is why they rebut these signings until the bitter end.

Sounds like the Orioles are on the fence about Vlad. If we get him, great..if not, who cares.

I feel the same way.

I can see the ups and downs to signing him.

I'm fine with this, too. $4.5 mm is a reasonable line to draw. I hope Vlad decides quickly one way or the other.

Well, 250% higher than the initial reported offer of $2 million, huh? Hard to not think that's a very solid offer.

At this point I'm with the other posters who say: I hope he takes it for the Orioles' sake, but if not... I won't gripe about it. Bring on the Reimold/Pie era.

It's really feeling like time to get spring training going...

Archived