Natty Boh back in Oriole Park!

BaltimoreTerp

I love this. I hope it is sold a little cheaper than other beers, but even if it is $7.50 I still think it tastes better than Bud or Miller so I will be buying it regardless.

Whoever made the "crabs from the gulf" analogy is spot on. It may not be brewed here any more but it will always be a Baltimore tradition. And who knows. If Pabst is looking to exploit the Baltimore Boh market, they might even start having a small percentage of Boh made in Baltimore or Maryland again. I am sure Flying Dog or Heavy Seas would contract brew it for a price -- a price that might offset the shipping costs that Pabst incurs to ship Boh to Maryland from North Carolina and Pennsylvania where it is brewed now.

I just love the Boh comeback. I thought it would have died out by now but it is only getting stronger.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion, people can be nostalgic about something whether they've personally experienced it or not. That's the funny thing about nostalgia.

It'd be like begrudging someone of wearing the classic 1966-1974 cartoon bird cap just because they weren't alive when the team actually wore it. Perhaps the younger generation simply want to be a part of something that their parents and grandparents experienced?

I'm not begrudging anyone. I just said that I personally don't get it.

The Raven (Baltimore)

You know that's just Clipper City's Marzen right?

I aspire to live in San Diego one day, so I'll have plenty of access to cheap Stone, I'm sure.

Be sure to hit up a Pizza Port while you're out there they are awesome!

The Raven? No it's not. The Raven is not Heavy Seas and is a different style of beer (Vienna).

Heavy Seas classic lager used to be called McHenry which was the old National Premium recipe.

So in a way, National is still a local beer.

And it is a dang good beer.

Heavy Seas is a really good brewer, though I wish they kept the Clipper City name.

The Raven? No it's not. The Raven is not Heavy Seas and is a different style of beer (Vienna).

You're wrong on this one. The Raven is Heavy Seas Marzen Lager aka Balto Marz Hon. Same exact recipe just a different label. Next time you go to an O's game on a Saturday hit up a brew tour at Clipper City before hand. Hugh will tell you himself. I also have a friend that works for Clipper City and he's brewed "The Raven". Trust me it's the same beer.

I'd like to think that my generation had a lot to do with its resurgence. :) Us 20 somethings, that is.

Its def a yuppie ddrinking (not saying you are one). But be careful, I am 29 am my best friend has had a Boh tattoo since he was 18. Boh was down and out in the late 90s. I am glad everyone is drinking it enough for it to be at the Yard this summer!

Hush.

I'm a huge beer snob, but I'll always have a place for Natty Boh.

They'd do best to make it less expensive, though. Give it a home team discount. That'd go a long way with the fans.

The last time it was sold at the park was like in 2005/6. Cans cost 5 bucks. I am going to assume it will be about that same price now.

I know my season seats have a micro-brew tap on the concourse behind us. They sell Heavy Seas and Flying Dog. If they keep the Heavy Seas classic lager, then they will ave a beer reunion! AS I mentioned above the Classic lager is just the old National Premium recipe. Premium and Boh served at the same place - just like old times!

Heavy Seas classic lager used to be called McHenry which was the old National Premium recipe.

So in a way, National is still a local beer.

And it is a dang good beer.

Heavy Seas is a really good brewer, though I wish they kept the Clipper City name.

In a way they did. They are still Clipper City Brewing Company. It's just their beers are all "Heavy Seas" beers. Same as Boston Brewing Company making Sam Adams.

Is this thread making anyone else thirsty?

Archived