Are Baltimore fans hostile to Female Reporters?

Gurgi

Are Baltimore fans Neanderthals?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are Baltimore fans Neanderthals?

• Yes we are savage to female reporters and its uncalled for.
    • We are savage to all reporters regardless of sex.
    • Baltimore has just had bad luck to have lesser talented women reporters.
    • Reporters shouldnt get into public brawls with the fans.
    • Who is Jen Royle and Anita Marks? I dont remember them.

This is why almost all polls should include the option of 'meh'

I don't care where a reporter is from just be interesting and informative. I haven't found Jen to be particularity either. IMO Anita's main fault was her utter inability to talk about anything else other than football.

I really doesn't matter as both were/are vastly better than that insipid twat Nester.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I applaud her for responding the way she has.

When you deal with a bunch of douche bags, they don't deserve a well reasoned response or respect.

Roch is the same way...and most of the time he is right too.

You can argue the professionalism of it and I can see that but she isn't doing it in a forum as an employee...She is doing on her personal Twitter account.

It was her MASN account. Now that she left MASN, she made a tweet about how maybe she can curse at people who attack her now. She's a winner...

It was her MASN account. Now that she left MASN, she made a tweet about how maybe she can curse at people who attack her. She's a winner...

Again, you can argue the professionalism behind that...But when you have morons attacking you everyday, for really no reason, those people deserve the response she gives them.

How many people on here would like it if just random people came into their jobs and constantly berated you about your job, for really no reason?

And really, even if they had a reason, would you want to hear that all the time?

At some point, your reaction becomes to lash out and anyone saying that's not true is nothing more than a liar.

I wonder how much the sex appeal of Amber/Britt and lack of with Jen/Anita play in the love and hate of the aforementioned reporters?

Lack of? Royle is hotter than Brittany IMO.

ATH definitely gets a break because of her looks....Because I am not sure what else she brings.

When your business is to talk sports, and you can't be bothered to do basic research to support your articles - you're a hack.

Jen Royle falls squarely into this category. Her 'research' is wikipedia at best, her 'scouting' each rotation is basically listing how they've fared against division opponents last year.

Can you honestly say Viv, Bulldog, Bruce, Scott, Jeremy, or ANYONE besides Haney on 105.7 is any better? They are all just radio personalities. None of them "bring it" with deep statistical knowledge of the sport. Jen may not be the best in town, but she cetainly doesn't deserve the hasrh criticm that people throw at her. I wonder if most people would say these things to her face?

Can you honestly say Viv, Bulldog, Bruce, Scott, Jeremy, or ANYONE besides Haney on 105.7 is any better? They are all just radio personalities. None of them "bring it" with deep statistical knowledge of the sport. Jen may not be the best in town, but she cetainly doesn't deserve the hasrh criticm that people throw at her. I wonder if most people would say these things to her face?

Which is when gender comes into play IMO.

Lack of? Royle is hotter than Brittany IMO.

ATH definitely gets a break because of her looks....Because I am not sure what else she brings.

:agree:

Jen is probably the second hottest of the bunch, right under Amber. Brit does nothing for me in the looks category.

As for Amber, she gets a bad rap from those who only see her in the post game and the "sideline" reporting. The "how big was that..." questions are not her typical self. When she used to do the A-List radio show at nighttime, she is excellent. She knows her sports and can debate topics in an educated way. She may catch some breaks for her looks, but she is way better than "just another pretty face."

:agree:

Jen is probably the second hottest of the bunch, right under Amber. Brit does nothing for me in the looks category.

As for Amber, she gets a bad rap from those who only see her in the post game and the "sideline" reporting. The "how big was that..." questions are not her typical self. When she used to do the A-List radio show at nighttime, she is excellent. She knows her sports and can debate topics in an educated way. She may catch some breaks for her looks, but she is way better than "just another pretty face."

Fair enough...I never heard her on the radio, so I can't comment on that.

However, on the sidelines, she is just another pretty girl asking the same inane questions every time.

Now, I do understand that is her job and that all sideline reporters, regardless of gender, ask stupid questions.

My point was that I fail to see her knowledge coming through when she does her interviewing.

That being said, if she is knowledgable on the radio, when she can have more of a forum to express herself, then good for her.

Again, you can argue the professionalism behind that...But when you have morons attacking you everyday, for really no reason, those people deserve the response she gives them.

How many people on here would like it if just random people came into their jobs and constantly berated you about your job, for really no reason?

And really, even if they had a reason, would you want to hear that all the time?

At some point, your reaction becomes to lash out and anyone saying that's not true is nothing more than a liar.

Her job requires publishing. The "random people" are her audience.

Her job requires publishing. The "random people" are her audience.

And why does she deserve to get slammed?

If a conversation is started on here about media members and your opinion is asked of them, slam away.

But to just send some unsolicited remark to her bashing her is even more ridiculous than the response given to her.

She doesn't deserve personal attacks.

She does deserve counter-arguments to her points about baseball. When she gets those and can't defend her point, she usually is the one attacking first.

Well, if she does that, then she is wrong.

But the personal attacks and unsolicitated attacks aren't part of her job and if she wants to cuss someone out because of them, more power to her.

I've never really had "a problem" with Jen Royal probably because I've mostly ignored her. I know she came from NY and covered the Yankees, but she doesn't seem particularly knowledgeable about the Orioles or the Ravens, which isn't helpful in a city that for many years had a sports inferiority complex. Also, her on-air "playfulness" often sounds contrived, and she sometimes comes across sounding like a snooty elitist. I won't miss her on MASN, and since the Orioles are no longer on 105 The Fan, I will have little reason to listen to it anymore.

I have to wonder though....electing to leave a regional TV job at MASN for employment at a radio station in a city full of people you believe don't like you, definitely seems like an odd career decision. :scratchchinhmm:

Ken Weinman knows his stuff too. Him and Haney are the best on there. Royle is probably on par with the others but the way she acts just makes me immediately change the channel. Whether thats radio, tv, or internet. Roch and Britt are the go to reporters.

Archived