vs. TWINS 4 - 18

OFFNY

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look, I know everyone is having a good time acting like Gregg is the worst pitcher ever, but he isn't. He looked good in a LOT of games last year. He tends to either be very good or awful. Look at his game log last year. He gave up multiple runs in 4 outings that were all less than an inning (2,2,3,4). He also had a TON of scoreless outings. The guy isn't nearly as awful as everyone is acting or as he has looked so far this year.

He did look terrible tonight though.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/5641/year/2010/kevin-gregg

Voice crying out in the wilderness.

Owe ya reps when I can.

Wow we were shut down by Jim Hoey???, is that who we traded for Hardy the 5 million dollar man of glass. Meanwhile David Hernandez is still perfect in Arizona. I think we had a better team at the close of last year then we do now.

I wouldn't mind having David Hernandez back right now, although I think that puts Josh Bell on the hot corner for us, which isn't too exciting.

Look, I know everyone is having a good time acting like Gregg is the worst pitcher ever, but he isn't. He looked good in a LOT of games last year. He tends to either be very good or awful. Look at his game log last year. He gave up multiple runs in 4 outings that were all less than an inning (2,2,3,4). He also had a TON of scoreless outings. The guy isn't nearly as awful as everyone is acting or as he has looked so far this year.

He did look terrible tonight though.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/5641/year/2010/kevin-gregg

So maybe it is simply us, are we really that snake bit?

The Checklist of Orioles Ineptitude:

[x] Anemic Offense vs. Struggling Pitcher

[x] Poor Hitting with RISP

[x] Keeping the game just close enough so I wont turn the channel

[x] Terrible Bullpen blowing the game wide open late

[x] Going out with a whimper in the 9th

Welp its all there folks, another successful attempt at lackluster baseball by your Baltimore Orioles.

Archived