Mark Reynolds

webbrick2010

We traded a 25 year old pitcher under team control for 5 years with a power arm 95-100 mph fastball and a AAA depth reliever for a hack 3B who can usually be counted to strikeout except when there are runners on first and second and one out in a one run game in the 8th where he rises to the occasion to hit into a double play.

And get this we have to pay him 5 million this year, and 7.5 million in 2012 and then mercifully we can buy him out for 500K in 2013.

It'll be a challenge for Hernandez to keep his ERA under Reynolds Avg but he has him right now 1.67 ERA to Reynolds .169 Avg.

And we could have paid Josh Bell 400K for better production with Hernandez and Mikilio in the bullpen.

What a trade by McPhail

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We traded a 25 year old pitcher under team control for 5 years with a power arm 95-100 mph fastball and a AAA depth reliever for a hack 3B who can usually be counted to strikeout except when there are runners on first and second and one out in a one run game in the 8th where he rises to the occasion to hit into a double play.

And get this we have to pay him 5 million this year, and 7.5 million in 2012 and then mercifully we can buy him out for 500K in 2013.

It'll be a challenge for Hernandez to keep his ERA under Reynolds Avg but he has him right now 1.67 ERA to Reynolds .169 Avg.

And we could have paid Josh Bell 400K for better production with Hernandez and Mikilio in the bullpen.

What a trade by McPhail

There were very few people who thought the trade was a poor deal for the Orioles at the time and using a small sample size to make a determination is always a good decision.

Do I think Reynolds is the greatest 3B, no, but I have a feeling we'll be singing a slightly different tune about him when the season is over.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8030/career

I take that trade if he can OPS like he has in pretty much any of his previous seasons.

You mean to tell me that a guy that has established himself as an above average third baseman should get more rope than 6 weeks while learning a new league? NO WAY!

I am pretty sure that webbrick is never going to "get this straight".

You mean to tell me that a guy that has established himself as an above average third baseman should get more rope than 6 weeks while learning a new league? NO WAY!

I am pretty sure that webbrick is never going to "get this straight".

Above average third basemen? Not sure I agree with that assessment. from my experience watching him play average would be cutting him alittle slack.

I agree with the OP, but at the same time I think we'll see better things from Reynolds as the year progresses.

What a trade by McPhail

I'm glad that you are admitting that you don't understand. That's the first step.

Now you can start on the road to understanding how baseball actually works, as opposed to whatever form your mind had previously twisted the sport.

Welcome! We are all here to help!

Above average third basemen? Not sure I agree with that assessment. from my experience watching him play average would be cutting him alittle slack.

Well, since he is a rookie and all I guess this month-plus of play is all we really have to judge him on.

Mark Reynolds is completely worthless to the Orioles; can no one see the elephant in the room? So far in this game he has struck out twice, grounded out twice, popped out, and hit into a double play. That is 0 for 6 in this game! Unfortunately these worthless at bats occurred at very pivotal occasions; when we could have either had an insurance run(s) or wining runs. Each time he's at bat we essentially are only playing with 2 not 3 outs/inning- he's an automatic out in my book! Most people point fingers to claim who is at fault if the O's lose- can't anyone see that Reynolds may be the responsible party- although he apparently seems invisible to any criticism... Why?

1. This belongs in the game thread, and/or, one of the many other "Mark Reynolds Sucks" threads going on.

2. If the pen holds the lead he doesn't go 0-6, and this isn't nearly a big deal. The pen blew this game three times, and that is why we are in the position to lose.

He's a Dave Kingman wanna be:) I suggest the O's resist the urge to trade for any more 3bs from the NL West. I think you have to be patient with him although there is nothing wrong with bringing internal competition, if that's possible.

I think you bring up Bell. Don't get me wrong' date=' he sucks just as bad. But he has a better glove. And I actually think Reynolds has some future here, while I doubt Bell will.

So have Reynolds get "fixed" in a low pressure environment.[/quote']

Josh Bell does not have a better glove than Reynolds, and if Josh Bell sucks just as bad, then why do you not just stick with Reynolds? That line of thinking makes absolutely no sense. The only way for Reynolds to get "fixed" is to play, no other way around it. He's not going to get himself corrected by sitting on the bench, being sent down to the minors, or anything else.

Josh Bell does not have a better glove than Reynolds, and if Josh Bell sucks just as bad, then why do you not just stick with Reynolds? That line of thinking makes absolutely no sense. The only way for Reynolds to get "fixed" is to play, no other way around it. He's not going to get himself corrected by sitting on the bench, being sent down to the minors, or anything else.

Competition is always a good thing.

Archived