1st rd (4) - Dylan Bundy - RHP, Owasso HS

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are off base here.
Steve M suggests the signing will be announced after Midnight.
masnSteve Steve Melewski

Keep in mind some draft deals get finalized before the midnight deadline but announced in the minutes after midnight. #dontpanic #orioles

Well maybe not Hultzen, but you've got to think other negotiations are leaking out somehow.

Archie Bradley is one of his friends. I wonder if they are helping each other in negotiations...

He actually said on XM the day of the draft that they have been working out together, and helping each other through every step of the process. (meaning draft and signing)

Steve M suggests the signing will be announced after Midnight.

Not off base that we're going to the wire. Off base about the Hultzen comp. The Bundys don't really need comps in this draft, and since he's the top HS pitcher, none of the other bonuses are all that relevant.

He actually said on XM the day of the draft that they have been working out together, and helping each other through every step of the process. (meaning draft and signing)

Makes sense. Bundy will get more obviously but you can bet Bradley is using that deal to negotiate with DBacks...

It wouldn't shock me to see him get 5-6 million.

Makes sense. Bundy will get more obviously but you can bet Bradley is using that deal to negotiate with DBacks...

Bradley is a two-sport draftee and can have his bonus spread over 5 years. He's also a different beast than Bundy.

You were right in terms of total $$$ though. Bradley got 5 MM. I'm sure it will be spread over 5 years, however.

Archived