1st rd (4) - Dylan Bundy - RHP, Owasso HS

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bundy is very professional in how he's handling the negotiations. I think there's a greater than 90% chance he signs, the whole "50/50" thing just trying go gain leverage. If he comes out and says "Oh man I really want to sign now!" He loses a whole lot of leverage. I think his family knows this, and in the end I think we'll see him sign and get paid very well.

• 2 weeks later...

There just isn't any incentive, besides actually going to college, for Bundy to not sign. While he could do enough in college to be drafted higher than fourth, that's taking a very big risk that from a financial and logical perspective doesn't make any sense. He's far more likely to lose money than he is to make any more, and for that reason he's going to sign, at 11:59 p.m.

There just isn't any incentive, besides actually going to college, for Bundy to not sign. While he could do enough in college to be drafted higher than fourth, that's taking a very big risk that from a financial and logical perspective doesn't make any sense. He's far more likely to lose money than he is to make any more, and for that reason he's going to sign, at 11:59 p.m.

I agree with this line of thinking as well. He wants to pitch with his Brother and he could get that opportunity with Baltimore and no one else for the next 6+ years. He also would have to pick college over $6M+ and what parent urges their kid to go to school and walk away from that kind of money? This kid signs IMO, he might go higher than 4, but is there really going to be that much more money if he does? Probably not. The risk of getting injured is high as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived