• Jeff Reboulet
    • Tim Hulett
    • Bill Swaggerty
    • Other - Please Explain

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PulZeeeeease...how 'bout Reggie Jackson? His picture should accompany the word "jerk" in the dictionary.

I think his 27 HR (2nd in AL), 91 RBI (10th in AL), 28 SB, 56 EBH (4th in AL), .502 SLG (1st in AL), and .853 OPS (3rd in AL) probably disqualify him as a "bad Oriole" (see thread title).

I mean the guy picked up 17 MVP ballots to come in 16th that year. As unlikeable as he may have been, can you really justify calling him "bad"?

Lots of GREAT names on the list, but I'll have to go with the guy most people on this board are too young to remember, Willie Miranda!

Dubbed by wags as the "Man Who Could Bat three ways (left, right and seldom!)", he was a highlight with his incredible fielding during an era when there were few Oriole highlights to behold. Nobody could go into the hole and make the backhand play like Willie!

So what if he only hit one or two homers a year, Willie was The Man!

I'm still proud to say I once shook his hand...

• 3 weeks later...

completely off subject but I looked up some old bad stats from Orioles players... I had forgotten that Ozzie Guillen (now coach of the White Sox) played for the Orioles back in 1998. Only played in 12 games and had 1 hit in 16 at bats. The O's paid him $450,000 that year... although he played for Atl that year as well...

Sorry about the randomness of this post, just thought it was worth bringing up again.

I mean the guy picked up 17 MVP ballots to come in 16th that year. As unlikeable as he may have been, can you really justify calling him "bad"?

RE: Reggie Jackson qualified as a "bad Oriole"?

Actually, I have very little trouble calling him a bad Oriole. He came here for one year, and went to the Yankees the next. His numbers with us were good. It's just unfortunate I had to interview him once, and it was NOT a good experience. The dude's a egotistical bozeeto...and a bad Oriole to boot in my book (where, by the way, I tell all...)

RE: Reggie Jackson qualified as a "bad Oriole"?

Actually, I have very little trouble calling him a bad Oriole. He came here for one year, and went to the Yankees the next. His numbers with us were good. It's just unfortunate I had to interview him once, and it was NOT a good experience. The dude's a egotistical bozeeto...and a bad Oriole to boot in my book (where, by the way, I tell all...)

This is probably a dumb question, but Reggie Jackson is wearing the Yankees hat in the Hall of Fame, correct?

Archived