Bryce Harper spotted "blowing kiss to pitcher"

Austin

Wasn't sure where else to put this, saw it on Rotoworld...

Bryce Harper was spotted blowing a kiss to an opposing pitcher after launching a home run Monday. The kiss may have been provoked by some form of taunting, but it still broke about every chapter of baseball's proverbial unwritten rules book and won't soon be forgotten. Harper is an immensely talented teenager and should continue rising quickly through the Nationals' farm system, but he may want to tone down the cockiness before an opposing pitcher plants a fastball in his torso.

So I guess all that talk about his attitude was right, huh? He may be the next Babe Ruth but that won't stop someone from drilling him in the back with a fastball.

Watch the video here.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the way he posed at home plate after making contact was worse than whatever he did rounding 3B. Sweet swing, though, and nothing else really matters.

This. Equate it to Bull Durham. If you win 20 in the show and you have fungus on your shower shoes, you're eccentric.

Harper will be quite the polarizing guy, I'm sure. He'll also be an absolute monster at the plate.

He's going to be good... and he's going to let you know it.

In the past, America gushed over cocky athletes like this. I'm very interested to see how the 21st Century twitterverse American reacts to him.

I'm looking forward to booing him... and I'm glad he's not on the Orioles.

He's going to be good... and he's going to let you know it.

In the past, America gushed over cocky athletes like this. I'm very interested to see how the 21st Century twitterverse American reacts to him.

I'm looking forward to booing him... and I'm glad he's not on the Orioles.

He seems like the kind of player you'll love to hate. I don't mind it, I'm all for more personalities in the game.. makes things a little bit more interesting.

He seems like the kind of player you'll love to hate. I don't mind it, I'm all for more personalities in the game.. makes things a little bit more interesting.

Seriously. He is going to be a lot of fun to root against in about 8 years when he is playing for the Yanks or Sox.

Yeah, I don't mind the attitude, either, so long as he doesn't whine when he gets what's coming to him. I love reading about Satchel Paige's antics.

Yes, indeed. Baseball has a way of taking care of this stuff. He's going to look like a leopard if he keeps this up.

I thought the way he posed at home plate after making contact was worse than whatever he did rounding 3B. Sweet swing, though, and nothing else really matters.

Agreed, the constant staring down of the pitcher after crossing home plate is really annoying no matter who you are, or what happened.

Archived