Bryce Harper spotted "blowing kiss to pitcher"

Austin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as this guy sounds like a dork we dont know the whole story.

Maybe the pitcher was yelling all kinds of nasty stuff at him as he was rounding the bases?

Would that make the kiss better in your mind?

I remember the Delmon Young thing. When he threw the bat at the umpire. When he got to the big leagues the very first pitch he ever saw hit him right in the back. These guys have ways to police themselves.

You know I havent heard any stories of Young hotdogging at all. But I dont pay attention to the Twins so I dont know.

I honestly didn't even know Alta Vista still existed. How can you resist Google?!

Actually I didn't realize, they don't... AltaVista was taken over by Yahoo! and switches to that when you search. Still maintains a "front" page.

I use Google for images.

As much as this guy sounds like a dork we dont know the whole story.

Maybe the pitcher was yelling all kinds of nasty stuff at him as he was rounding the bases?

Would that make the kiss better in your mind?

I remember the Delmon Young thing. When he threw the bat at the umpire. When he got to the big leagues the very first pitch he ever saw hit him right in the back. These guys have ways to police themselves.

You know I havent heard any stories of Young hotdogging at all. But I dont pay attention to the Twins so I dont know.

They were saying on Intentional Talk today that the pitcher had gotten him out earlier, and blew kisses at him. There's no proof of that happening, though, just what is coming out now.

That's fine, and I'll probably end up hating him too. But it does create interest in the game. You might read an (extra) article about something he did. If there's an incident, and a likely retaliation in today's game, you might watch it when otherwise you wouldn't. That's why I love characters (even when I hate them and their team.) They're more interesting to watch.

For the most part, I feel the same way about OH. It is much more interesting having most of the folks around here that are controversial. Most of them.

That's fine, and I'll probably end up hating him too. But it does create interest in the game. You might read an (extra) article about something he did. If there's an incident, and a likely retaliation in today's game, you might watch it when otherwise you wouldn't. That's why I love characters (even when I hate them and their team.) They're more interesting to watch.

For the most part, I feel the same way about OH. It is much more interesting having most of the folks around here that are controversial.

They were saying on Intentional Talk today that the pitcher had gotten him out earlier, and blew kisses at him. There's no proof of that happening, though, just what is coming out now.

There is a ton more to the story, it went back and forth for 2 days, but the Fox 5 people just happened to be there for THIS part and decided to blow things out of proportion. Harper gets, for lack of a better word, picked on a LOT for being so young and signing that contract. There is a target on his back, and guys 3-5 years older are going after him pretty hard.

I'd throw at his head in his next at bat. I wouldn't even try to do it a few pitches into the at bat. It'd be on the first one and I wouldn't miss.

I agree. But if you really want to piss this kid off, intentionally walk him everytime up. The kid thinks the world is his and we just live in it. He loves the spotlight. Ignoring him would drive him mad. Even if he is being picked on, he needs to grow up and take the high road. I predict one of two things. He will be a superstar for the next 15 years or he will crash and burn. I don't think his personality could stand a normal MLB career.

I've heard from multiple people close to the situation that, in that game and all season long, Harper has been getting a ton of crap from opposing teams. Neal and Harper were going back and forth throughout the game, but the spotlight is on Harper so that's what you see.

Not saying Harper isn't immature and generally a bit of a *****, but he's sure being goaded right now.

Archived