6-8 Going for the SWEEP!

scOtt

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Willingham has the facial tics and mannerisms of BJ Surhoff.

Good call... I miss Surhoff. Of course tonight of all nights you have to bring the two letters "BJ" into the conversation. I'm sure they will have a field day with that. ;)

Haha, good... glad I'm not the only one. One of the first days I joined OH, I got the hang of things pretty quickly. I was getting into an argument with Sports Guy of all people about how great Rodrigo Lopez was because he won X # of games the year before. Well, you know Sports Guy... he of course took the tactful route to tell me how much of an idiot I am and that I know nothing about baseball and that if I thought wins mattered at all than he didn't know what else to tell me. And of course by he "took the tactful route", I mean that he pretty much said just that. But anyway, I've come along way since using "wins" as the primary argument for a SP's effectiveness!

There are way more of us then SG. Sabre heads are a distinct minority, brilliant, but well, nerdy. For disclosure I am a total IT nerd, so I am not throwing stones. The sabre stuff just is a bridge too far. I have a day job that is fairly consuming. When I work from home (on most day games) I post here, but I don't have the time to dig into the deep stat math.

Archived