I think this winter (maybe sooner), it will be time to pick a direction

Frobby

Let it be recorded. The OriolesHangout gave up on the 2011 season on June 10th with the O's 4 games out of the Wild Card.

1. There is no consideration that BRob may return to the team like he did last year. Only this year he may return to a .500 team and try to boost it to the playoffs.

2. The Hangout gives up before they see the impact of Matusz returning to join Guthrie, Britton and Arrieta.

3. The Hangout gives up even though the bullpen is pitching well including Gregg, Koji, Johnson and Accardo.

4. The Hangout gives up with Jones establishing himself in the 3 hole in the lineup.

5. The Hangout just plain gives up of Markakis doing anything this year.

6. The Hangout gives up as Reynolds and Hardy are surging.

7. The Hangout gives up as Wieters shows he is the best catcher in he AL East.

8. The Hangout doesn't value Reimold contribution in left even though his numbers since his return are good.

9. The Hangout gives up before Lee and Reynolds face the NL pitchers they are familar with.

I am sorry I can't join the mutiny. Not at 4 games out. Not until we see more. You all may be prophets and be proven right but I just don't think it time to give up on the talent on this team. I will wait to make a judgement.

Go O's.

I guess you missed the thread title. But for the record, while I definitely have not given up on a playoff run this year, the odds of it happening are extremely long. BP currently says we have a 2% chance, and that sounds about right to me. So, while hoping that the 2% chance comes in, forgive me for also discussing what we do if the 98% chance comes in.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let it be recorded that you are the most cluelessly optimistic poster on the site.

4 games out!!!!!!! FOUR

If at the beginning of the year we were told that the O's were only 4 games out on June 10th, we would have been dancing in the streets. Not giving up on the team we have been loyal to all these years.

I don't know what is going to happen and neither does anyone either. So why not wait and see how it turns out before writing the conclusion.

Let it be recorded. The OriolesHangout gave up on the 2011 season on June 10th with the O's 4 games out of the Wild Card.

1. There is no consideration that BRob may return to the team like he did last year. Only this year he may return to a .500 team and try to boost it to the playoffs.

2. The Hangout gives up before they see the impact of Matusz returning to join Guthrie, Britton and Arrieta.

3. The Hangout gives up even though the bullpen is pitching well including Gregg, Koji, Johnson and Accardo.

4. The Hangout gives up with Jones establishing himself in the 3 hole in the lineup.

5. The Hangout just plain gives up of Markakis doing anything this year.

6. The Hangout gives up as Reynolds and Hardy are surging.

7. The Hangout gives up as Wieters shows he is the best catcher in he AL East.

8. The Hangout doesn't value Reimold contribution in left even though his numbers since his return are good.

9. The Hangout gives up before Lee and Reynolds face the NL pitchers they are familar with.

I am sorry I can't join the mutiny. Not at 4 games out. Not until we see more. You all may be prophets and be proven right but I just don't think it time to give up on the talent on this team. I will wait to make a judgement.

Go O's.

I'm not giving up. In fact I see a team that could have competed this year had better investments been made in previous offseasons when the talent was available.

4 games out!!!!!!! FOUR

If at the beginning of the year we were told that the O's were only 4 games out on June 10th, we would have been dancing in the streets. Not giving up on the team we have been loyal to all these years.

I don't know what is going to happen and neither does anyone either. So why not wait and see how it turns out before writing the conclusion.

Which on pace for what? 12-15 games out of the wild card spot.

ZERO chance at the playoffs this year.

Plus, there are like 6-8 teams in front of us...all better than the Orioles.

4 games out!!!!!!! FOUR

I've been watching this team all season...they are a .500 at their very best. It is very unlikely we finish better than 5th in the divison. We are going to be battered by Boston and New York the rest of this year. We are playing better against the bottom tier teams this year...but we still can't hold a candle to the top 5 teams in the AL.

All that being said...I will be routing like hell for them to prove me wrong.

I've been watching this team all season...they are a .500 at their very best. It is very unlikely we finish better than 5th in the divison. We are going to be battered by Boston and New York the rest of this year. We are playing better against the bottom tier teams this year...but we still can't hold a candle to the top 5 teams in the AL.

32-73, followed by 34-23. You never know for sure when a team will suddenly start playing much better -- or much worse.

Which on pace for what? 12-15 games out of the wild card spot.

ZERO chance at the playoffs this year.

Plus, there are like 6-8 teams in front of us...all better than the Orioles.

If you want to give up on the season, that is your business. But those games are not lost yet. We don't know the other teams are better yet. I will wait, watch and see if the best is yet to come.

4 games out.

If you want to give up on the season, that is your business. But those games are not lost yet. We don't know the other teams are better yet. I will wait, watch and see if the best is yet to come.

4 games out.

This is the exact mindset that has kept us in this situation for so long. We can't fail to make this team better in the future because of a very tiny % this team makes a serious run. That's bordering on delusional.

It was unlikely for the O's to good 34-23 to end last season, but they did it. After almost everyone got healthy. What if Roberts comes back and is the igniter that gets the team scoring 5 runs a game? We have to wait to see what happens. What if Markakis starts to hit and doesn't stop? What if Reimold is back to his 2009 form?

This is the exact mindset that has kept us in this situation for so long. We can't fail to make this team better in the future because of a very tiny % this team makes a serious run. That's bordering on delusional.

Delusional? Maybe. Fanatical? Definitely.

If the O's fall 10 back in July there will be plenty of time for what iffing. Right now the O's are 4 games out.

It's very frustrating to me that this team was in such a nice position two years ago and has done essentially nothing to continue to grow their chances of competing in the division. I guess O's fans can pray that Toronto's and Tampa's young talent will fall flat, but I can't honestly look at these five AL East organizations and expect Baltimore to finish higher than 4th in any given year in the near future.

The wildcard, I guess, is Bundy/Machado turning into legit perennial all-star candidates. That's essentially the franchise resting on these two kids developing to their utmost. Here's hoping lady luck is going to give the O's a lightening-in-a-bottle season in conjunction with these two developing, arriving and producing within the next two years...

Delusional? Maybe. Fanatical? Definitely.

If the O's fall 10 back in July there will be plenty of time for what iffing. Right now the O's are 4 games out.

Doesn't mean much. We're 8-14 against teams in our division. Boston and NYY will continue to own us. We still have a lot of games to play against those two teams. Until we start balancing that ratio out, the O's will continue to clean out their lockers for October.

Archived