Mark Freaking Reynolds!

xKHx

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I don't know but the first guy I looked up, Brady, hit his 20th on May 29th, 1996. That was one AWESOME off-season strength training program. :D

Yeah, it'd have to have been Brady in '96. Good call.

I can't remember an Oriole having a better first half power-wise since then.

Oh I don't know but the first guy I looked up, Brady, hit his 20th on May 29th, 1996. That was one AWESOME off-season strength training program. :D

I hope Reynolds didn't have the same type of "off-season" training program...Dude looks as big as I have ever seen him

I don't think you get it. We're done. We aren't touching .500. We are headed for a cosmic meltdown. One run differences are irrelevant, as is anything we do on offense unless we can average 10 RS a game.:rolleyestf:

I don't care if you're the Bad News Bears, you've gotta put your playmakers in a position to make plays. Reynolds is the biggest offensive playmaker on the O's right now. He needs to bat at least 5th.

Didn't Juan Gonzalez hit one off the LF Upper Deck facade in the HR derby? Why couldn't Reynolds hit a 485 foot plus shot down the line into the first few rows?

EDIT: Check out this range plot of Camden Yards for the 440 foot HR he hit into the visitors bullpen last week. If he hit that same 480 foot HR from the video I posted, it is deep into the upper deck at Camden Yards.

I remember than Juan Gonzalez hit. That thing was a SHOT. I was there to see it.

I hope Reynolds didn't have the same type of "off-season" training program...Dude looks as big as I have ever seen him

He averaged about 420 ft per HR last year, and 419 ft per HR the year before. This year he's averaging 407 ft per HR (going into today's games). He's always had "light tower" power).

He averaged about 420 ft per HR last year, and 419 ft per HR the year before. This year he's averaging 407 ft per HR (going into today's games). He's always had "light tower" power).

Good point. OK - so he has hit moonshots his whole career. I just saw some pictures of him in AZ and he looked a bit smaller - but not a real change.

Didn't Juan Gonzalez hit one off the LF Upper Deck facade in the HR derby? Why couldn't Reynolds hit a 485 foot plus shot down the line into the first few rows?

EDIT: Check out this range plot of Camden Yards for the 440 foot HR he hit into the visitors bullpen last week. If he hit that same 480 foot HR from the video I posted, it is deep into the upper deck at Camden Yards.

If I remember correctly, Gonzalez hit the facade of the upper deck.

With the way the ball carries in AZ, that 481 foot blast doesn't go as far in Baltimore, and I don't think it would be high enough to get into the upper deck. I'm not good enough at physics to figure this out, but I would imagine the ball would need a greater true distance than that to reach the upper deck in Camden Yards. Personally, I just don't think it's possible, but I'll gladly admit I was wrong if it ever happens. ;)

Archived