Mark Freaking Reynolds!

xKHx

He wouldnt be hitting 7th or 8th if he could get his average to a respectable number. .230 is just sad and he had to be really hot to get it up to .230.
Since May 3 when his BA bottomed out at .168 he has hit .250 .401 .518 .919. Perfectly acceptable for a #4 hitter, especially when you consider the 41 BB's as well. His early struggles most likely had to do with adapting to the new league, and adjusting is swing in 2 stike situations. He has been successful at that, as he is on pace for 170 K's instead of his usual 200+.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love Buck, but I really do wonder what the hell is has been thinking of late.
He's giving Vlad enough rope to either hang himself or get back on track. Remember Vlad hadsn't had much plate time these last few weeks because of interleague play. I think if there isn't and improvement by AS break we will be seeing some changes.

Since May 3 when his BA bottomed out at .168 he has hit .250 .401 .518 .919. Perfectly acceptable for a #4 hitter, especially when you consider the 41 BB's as well. His early struggles most likely had to do with adapting to the new league, and adjusting is swing in 2 stike situations. He has been successful at that, as he is on pace for 170 K's instead of his usual 200+.

Add to that his 15 doubles (tied for the team lead) and the fact that, despite being buried in the lineup, he's second on the team in RBIs (43), which is only three behind Adam Jones after 47 less official ABs. Power that knocks in a lot of runs--Isn't that what you want from your cleanup hitter? Do it now, Buck: I think Guerrero's ego can handle batting sixth or seventh, especially with 8 million USD to ease the supposed disrespect.

He's giving Vlad enough rope to either hang himself or get back on track. Remember Vlad hadsn't had much plate time these last few weeks because of interleague play. I think if there isn't and improvement by AS break we will be seeing some changes.

That means a final test period of seven games, against Texas and Boston.

True, but still with pinch hitting for Reimold last night and all that time batting Lee high in the order. I was just hoping he would light a fire under these guys and not put up with mental mistakes, which I don't think he does, it just doesn't show much.

True, but still with pinch hitting for Reimold last night and all that time batting Lee high in the order. I was just hoping he would light a fire under these guys and not put up with mental mistakes, which I don't think he does, it just doesn't show much.
Who cares who is batting 4th now? We going someplace? What's the urgency? Vlad and Lee aren't the reason we suck. And no matter where or whether you bat them, it isn't going to make a difference to how bad we are going to be this season.

Who cares who is batting 4th now? We going someplace? What's the urgency? Vlad and Lee aren't the reason we suck. And no matter where or whether you bat them, it isn't going to make a difference to how bad we are going to be this season.

We lost by one run and had the tying run on base in the ninth. Maximizing the RBI-potential of our power hitters can make a difference.

Putting aside his defensive issues, which are overblown on here, Reynolds is really doing some good things at the plate.

His OPS is over 830...His BB rate is over 15%...His K rate is way down.

But even beyond the K rate, his contact% is up...His Ozoneswing% is the lowest of his career.

So, he is making more contact and he has been more selective than normal.

His LD% sucks though and, for the second straight year, his BABIP is very low. Not sure why the lD% is so poor but he has a high IFFB%...but that has always been high for him.

Either way, I would like to see his LD% higher but all in all, his approach this year looks to be improved.

We lost by one run and had the tying run on base in the ninth. Maximizing the RBI-potential of our power hitters can make a difference.
I don't think you get it. We're done. We aren't touching .500. We are headed for a cosmic meltdown. One run differences are irrelevant, as is anything we do on offense unless we can average 10 RS a game.:rolleyestf:

I don't think you get it. We're done. We aren't touching .500. We are headed for a cosmic meltdown. One run differences are irrelevant, as is anything we do on offense unless we can average 10 RS a game.:rolleyestf:

Let me guess, you think the marriage of our players is responsible for this also...

Archived