"Fans" really irk me sometimes.

Snutchy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get it that most, if not all, have a different opinion than I do. I get it. Do I like Gregg as our closer? Nope. I like it that he has a set and has shown that he does. I just don't think it's wise to boo the man while he is on the mound trying to pitch out of a jam. I understand that it is part of a closers mentality. I know they have to tune that out. But do you think they really don't hear that? Just sayin..

Big Snutchy is so wrong about this post I felt like giving a neg rep. But I resisted.

That aside. You got to boo the guy hard in that situation.

I appreciate you not doing it, but I don't understand why someone would. It's my opinion. I'm not going to neg rep someone for theirs.

I get it that most, if not all, have a different opinion than I do. I get it. Do I like Gregg as our closer ? Nope. I like it that he has a set and has shown that he does. I just don't think it's wise to boo the man while he is on the mound trying to pitch out of a jam. I understand that it is part of a closers mentality. I know they have to tune that out. But do you think they really don't hear that ? Just sayin'..

It's kind of ironic that you yourself essentially got booed with the neg rep for suggesting that fans not boo the player(s). :scratchchinhmm: Tough crowd.

It's kind of ironic that you yourself essentially got booed with the neg rep for suggesting that fans not boo the player(s). :scratchchinhmm: Tough crowd.

Yea, tough crowd. Oh well, I'll just stick to the hangout forum. I don't wander over here too much anyways.

Booing is part of sports. I am sure if Gregg had not walked 3 straight batters the fans would not have booed him. It is very demoralizing to have a comfortable lead and a ML pitcher comes in and is unable to throw strikes. It is like a bus driver being unable to drive.

For the most part Orioles fans are the class of the league in my opinion when it comes to their own team.

Booing is part of sports. I am sure if Gregg had not walked 3 straight batters the fans would not have booed him. It is very demoralizing to have a comfortable lead and a ML pitcher comes in and is unable to throw strikes. It is like a bus driver being unable to drive.

For the most part Orioles fans are the class of the league in my opinion when it comes to their own team.

Yeah we are pretty decent overall. It just shows the frustration is at huge levels.

Ok, I know that Gregg stunk tonight. I know they finally snapped a long losing streak and we're all tired of them losing. But do you really have to boo him off the field? Where is the respect? Come on people, this is the same guy who stood up to David Ortiz. This is the same guy who trashed Boston all over MASN and ESPN.

I bet the same people who booed him tonight were the same people who booed Cal Ripken.

Don't give me crap about being tired of 13 losing seasons. We're all tired of it. But you don't disrespect your team. Wild Bill is rolling over in his grave right now. If you feel the need to boo, find another team to root for, just don't muddle the noise up at my yard.

I booed him the minute they signed him, does that count? I'd never GO to a game and boo a player on my team, that's just petty and disrespectful, BUT I didn't agree with the signing one iota, so I'm not shocked.

I booed him the minute they signed him, does that count? I'd never GO to a game and boo a player on my team, that's just petty and disrespectful, BUT I didn't agree with the signing one iota, so I'm not shocked.

I wasn't happy about it either. I don't think he is a closer. I think at times he has been a effective reliever, but not a closer. I just see no need to boo him in game. People used to boo CAL FREAKIN' RIPKEN at games!

4 run lead in the 9th you have to throw strikes. That's Baseball 101. I liked the attitude against the Baked Beans but come on, 3 walks in a row? How's that battling thing working for you now?

Besides, everyone get's booed. Even Santa in Philly.

And honestly, Gonzo is lucky that ball was hit right at Lee. Sizemore smoked it. I thought the game was tied when the ball left his bat.

This point has been lost in the celebration, no, relief (sorry for the pun!) over last night's W: The importance of having a defender like Lee at first. And I'm not just saying this just b/c I saw the Buckner Boot World Series clip again from the Complacent Reynolds thread. Sizemore hit the ball very sharply--I'm sure Buck saw that and didn't come away from the game thinking that Gonzo finally has things under control this season.

I get it that most, if not all, have a different opinion than I do. I get it. Do I like Gregg as our closer? Nope. I like it that he has a set and has shown that he does. I just don't think it's wise to boo the man while he is on the mound trying to pitch out of a jam. I understand that it is part of a closers mentality. I know they have to tune that out. But do you think they really don't hear that? Just sayin..

I think Gregg deserves more than a Boo personally. I think he should be demoted in place of Koji or JJ or any other guy who will get in there and not nibble. I mean for a late inning reliever he's constantly working backwards to what he should be. Usually when a pitcher stops nibbling and starts trusting himself he becomes a pretty good pitcher. I wasn't at the game tonight ...but if I were I would have booed him to the high heavens. Sorry Kevin ....but this is just plain sad. I didnt see the game last night ...But I'll bet the great Orioles announcers were talking about the Great Kevin Gregg's refusal to give into batters. I just can't believe a major league Gm would sign this guy and Mike G to be closers in about a three year period....Talk about blowing it big time....Can we have AM walk across the mound on a pre game so we can boo him for this terrible job?

Rant over!!!!

I appreciate you not doing it, but I don't understand why someone would. It's my opinion. I'm not going to neg rep someone for theirs.

Anyone who is neg repping on this thread, or thinks it's appropriate, is a child. You have your opinion, others have theirs. I thought that's why we like to come here, to discuss things related to the O's.

Archived