Rasmus

paulcoates

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What an idiotic thing to ***** about, just don't read the trade rumors.
I like reading them, so why wouldn't I?

It seems pretty obvious that the deal is in place..Of course, something could happen but what is wrong with discussing the implications of the deal on a freakin baseball message board?

I like reading them, so why wouldn't I?

It seems pretty obvious that the deal is in place..Of course, something could happen but what is wrong with discussing the implications of the deal on a freakin baseball message board?

I like reading threads about baseball, so why wouldn't I?

What is wrong with it is that no one knows the actual implications of the deal. No one knows what other players are involved. There's nothing more than a vague outline for a deal from what's likely no better than a third-hand source. And people are turning virtually no information into a condemnation of something that AM may or may not have been even able to accomplish.

Why not?

They are getting the starter they want and need and getting rid of a headache.

On top of that, this probably frees them up to push for Upton.

Here is the thing, why would we want a headache? Why would we want a headache of a CF and ask him to move to left?

I think the Cards feel it is a good deal....I don't agree with them though.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/07/edwin-jackson-expected-to-be-flipped.html

Rasmus is a popular trade target. ESPN's Buster Olney tweets that the Rays offered one of Jeff Niemann, Wade Davis, and Alex Cobb, and the young center fielder is very much available. The Indians have interest as well.

Here is the thing, why would we want a headache? Why would we want a headache of a CF and ask him to move to left?

We want good players. We don't have anywhere near enough. Rasmus will be one. Screw the headache.

We want good players. We don't have anywhere near enough. Rasmus will be one. Screw the headache.

Yeah, well apparently doesn't have an aspirin in his office because I would venture a guess that he has barely picked up the phone

Final package rumored to be:

Edwin Jackson and relievers Octavio Dotel and Marc Rzepczynski

for

Rasmus

Total cost to Toronto looks like Frasor, Stewart, Dotel and Rzepczynski

Four relievers/fringe starters. Plus they had to take on Teahen's contract which runs through 2012.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/article_0f7b1b4c-b86e-11e0-86d2-0019bb30f31a.html

Archived