I want a younger GM

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could you imagine JTrea's head if this were to happen.....

I'd simply just quit following the team.

If any MacPhail remains with the Orioles in any major capacity, then it's clear there is no intent to win and following them is a waste of time and effort.

I'd simply just quit following the team.

If any MacPhail remains with the Orioles in any major capacity, then it's clear there is no intent to win and following them is a waste of time and effort.

I think you have all the evidence you need they don't place winning first.

Relax. In my opinion, the younger GMs have more of the characteristics I want in a GM.

I'd take any of the GMs from last years playoff teams, but I think, though I could be wrong, only one of them is "young" (in his thirties).

My problem is the unwillingness to try something new. It is completely asinine to keep trotting out the same guys expecting a different result. I realize that Jones is good, I realize that Markakis is good, etc...but, at some point, you have to step back and realize that this formula just isn't working. Stop trying to bash the square peg through the triangular hole, AM! I think we should cut ties with the talent that isn't working (aka trade them) in order to bring in a new crop and try again. Go get a player like Justin Upton or Rasmus, and part ways with Jones and Kakes. Why are the Royals willing to trade Greinke, but AM is so dead set on holding onto EVERYONE in our rotation? If you can get something of value in return, I say shake things up a bit when it isn't working out. I know this may delay our window of competition, however, it may be the only route to it.

Beattie was 50. Duquette was 40, which I guess isn't old.

And at least Duquette and Flanny would scour the wire for waiver claims during the entire season, which is how we got Guthrie.

MacPhail seems to work only before Opening Day, at the deadline and after the season for talent acquisition.

The rest of the time he's probably too busy planning on what to wear at each press conference he'll hold at one of those times.

Syd Thrift was more creative and aggressive than Andy MacPhail.

Archived