Wieters Offense: Code Red?

ShaneDawg85

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't call 169 games a campaign.

On another note, if any one has some minor league footage of him swinging it would be helpful.

His lefty and righty swings appear much different.

At least for this year his avg. appears about 30 points higher as a righty.

His lefty swing from Sept. of '09 appears to have some different mechanics than it does now.

All of which should be an easy fix,,, just not sure how the hitting coach hasn't noticed or he himself hasn't noticed.

It would also seem that he did better as a lefty in 09'.

It has got to be mechanics

One season is a "campaign" I think maybe you don't know what the word means

campaign

[kam-peyn]  

noun

Military .

a.

military operations for a specific objective.

b.

Obsolete . the military operations of an army in the field for one season.

The exact, specific, definition of a campaign in a baseball sense is a single season.

So you think the '09 sample size of Wieters' batting Lefty/Righty is somehow large enough to draw conclusions from? He wouldn't be the first hitter to show variance in which side is dominant batting.

You gave me defenitions from a military perspective, none of which has anything to do with baseball. Like I said I don't consider one season to be a campaign when most players will spend multiple seasons in the minors. I guess by your logic that means they spend multiple campaigns in the minors?

Adrian Gonzalez- Spent close to 450 games in the minors until he made his debut

Robinso Cano- Spent about 484 games in the minors until his debut

Now those might not be exactly correct, mental math has never been my strong suit, but I simply refuse to find it logical to be able to predict a players entire carreer by looking at a 169 game "campaign"

You gave me defenitions from a military perspective, none of which has anything to do with baseball. Like I said I don't consider one season to be a campaign when most players will spend multiple seasons in the minors. I guess by your logic that means they spend multiple campaigns in the minors?

Adrian Gonzalez- Spent close to 450 games in the minors until he made his debut

Robinso Cano- Spent about 484 games in the minors until his debut

Now those might not be exactly correct, mental math has never been my strong suit, but I simply refuse to find it logical to be able to predict a players entire carreer by looking at a 169 game "campaign"

Jesus why do you care so much about this? In general baseball parlance, a "campaign" is akin to a single numerical season. So Wieters had a great "campaign in 2008" and has had a terrible "2011 campaign."

Some people have to win the internet I guess.

Archived