Reynolds 2nd deck

Moose Milligan

I saw Rex Hudler do it in person when I was a kid. Atleast I think it was him. I think he was playing for the Angels. Im gonna go look it up.

Yes, he was playing with the Angels. I know Conseco also hit one off the camera well in left. I was at the game that Hammonds hit the ball into the upper bullpen. If memory serves me correctly, it was against Cleveland and it was Eric Davis' comeback game.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just the second HR ever to land in the second deck at OPACY. The first was hit by Rex Hudler on 6/11/95.

Yep!! Rep to you and the other guy who brought it up. I remember it well. I was wondering why the ball went straight over my head and never came back. I think Hudler's was a longer shot. I was all 12 years old when I saw it.

Many of us expected Reynolds to break out offensively when he was struggling earlier in the year, but I don't know of anyone that expected him to improve so dramatically on defense as well ...... at two positions. :eek: There may be some Oriole fans out there that did expect his defense to improve so drastically ........ I just don't know of them.

There were plenty who pointed to his last two years in Arizona and the fact that the amount of errors were more the exception than the rule with Reynolds.

Oh, OK. But were they saying that he would improve as much as he did ? Because going from awful to pretty good is one thing. He has gone from awful to outstanding ... at two positions. I stated that he improved drastically, not just moderately.

Besides the cut down on the errors are you saying that he's got more range or something now at 3rd base?

I think there was some hyperbole in that post you quoted. I don't believe hes gone from awful to outstanding, I think hes doing much better, but outstanding is a gross exaggeration.

Archived