Reynolds 2nd deck

Moose Milligan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want some video evidence of Rex Hudler's supposed homer. Hudler had 56 homers in his entire career, and had 10 homers in a season once. He's listed as 6' 1", 180, which means he was probably 5' 11".

I think this is a vast conspiracy of some type - how could he have hit a ball 450+ feet?

And I have nothing against the Wonder Dog - he threw me a baseball that I still have for wearing a bilingual Cito Sucks shirt to Skydome. Still the only ball I've ever gotten at a game.

I want some video evidence of Rex Hudler's supposed homer. Hudler had 56 homers in his entire career, and had 10 homers in a season once. He's listed as 6' 1", 180, which means he was probably 5' 11".

I think this is a vast conspiracy of some type - how could he have hit a ball 450+ feet?

And I have nothing against the Wonder Dog - he threw me a baseball that I still have for wearing a bilingual Cito Sucks shirt to Skydome. Still the only ball I've ever gotten at a game.

I wish I had a video on hand. When I get home I will look. I'm telling you, I was there. It just so happened that 2 other guys recalled it as well as me. And Hunter was talking about it, and I don't think me or anybody else here is MASN's source... Or maybe..

Or are you just being sarcastic?

Define a "spectacular" play. Derek Jeter can range a foot to his right and then jump throw to get the out and make it look like he's the best shortstop on the planet. Meanwhile, Alcides Escobar can make a play 20x as hard and make it look it routine, like it was no big deal.

His real issue hasn't been the highlight plays. He makes them. His issue has been charging balls and then throwing to first. You could have put a highlight reel of exceptional plays during his horrible error stretch, its the more routine plays, where he needs to think that he has struggled on. I see no evidence that he has improved dramatically, other than his errors have gone down and he's now playing a position where he doesn't have to really throw, or charge many balls.

A. Mark Reynolds has played in 110 games. He made 20 errors in his first 82 games. He has made one error since then (his last 28 games). That is a dramatic improvement.

This is the game in which Reynolds committed his 20th error. It was on July 4th, more than a month ago.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX201107040.shtml

B. Just as you have been, I've been watching the Orioles all season long. I'd like to see Mark Reynolds' highlight reel of spectacular plays that he made in those first 82 games. It's not likely that it is on par percentage-wise with those that he has made in the last 5 weeks, in which he has committed only one error.

The statistics of a players' errors can "lie" to an extent, but they don't lie that much.

I remember it pretty vividly. I want to say it landed in the 272-274 area.

P.S. To be fair, those 20 errors that Reynolds made should be broken down percentage-wise when being compared to the one error that he has made since. So it isn't a 20-1 ratio that has been the difference. It's more like a 20-3 ratio. Still, that is a dramatic improvement over the last five weeks (28 games).

Archived