Do you think Peter Angelos Owes the Fans Answers?

Greg Pappas

They aren't stockholders in any sense. They expect a return on investment the way any consumer does.
And if you are a company who is consistently puts out a terrible product, you do owe an explanation.

However, what will usually happen to those comnpanies is they go out of business. They isn't happening here. So, this is a situation that needs to be looked at differently.

Plus, money has come from the consumers to help build that stadium, where they play.

I just think there are differences here.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the point of the original question, PA has no obligation to answer for the means and methods in which he operates his business. Through all the points outlined including those arguing the club is a public trust, an MLB club remains a private enterprise which ensures no obligation to answer. However, from a public relations standpoint it would be nice if PA would address the state of the franchise and outline a plan of improvement. Sadly, I wouldn't believe a word coming out of his mouth even if he did step up and answer.

Wow...How about the entire structure of his terrible organization? That's kind of important, don't you think?

If you actually read, I stated THIS YEAR. The last line states that int'l presence and minor league structure, etc. yes he has to answer for that.

But THIS YEAR'S problems are a result of the players on the field.

If you actually read, I stated THIS YEAR. The last line states that int'l presence and minor league structure, etc. yes he has to answer for that.

But THIS YEAR'S problems are a result of the players on the field.

I disagree. I think the poor structure of the organization, the lack of conditioning, the poor development, etc....that falls on the shoulders of more than just the players.

On top of that, not picking the proper direction is also on the shoulders of PA and the FO, not the players.

And if you are a company who is consistently puts out a terrible product, you do owe an explanation.

Well this is because they are afraid of losing customers. If they do not have that fear, they "owe" customers nothing. If the Orioles starting losing customers in droves, you bet your ass things would change. The driving force, as always, is not success, but $.

Well this is because they are afraid of losing customers. If they do not have that fear, they "owe" customers nothing. If the Orioles starting losing customers in droves, you bet your ass things would change. The driving force, as always, is not success, but $.

They HAVE been losing customers in droves!

The Orioles will probably never hit Florida/KC area in attendance but they are already in the bottom third.

They have lost customers...in droves.

If they're losing money on attendence, and spending more on payroll, how are they managing to make money as opposed to losing it?

MASN, advertisers, sponsors, and revenue sharing, I suppose. This is assuming the Orioles are making money.

Anyone who buys a once proud and previously great baseball franchise and runs it into the ground, does not owe answers, he owes an apology. And that apology should go to the players, fans and community for the absolute embarrassment the Orioles have become during his tenure.

-Don

And you know this, how? BTW, I am not saying you are wrong, they may be making money hand over fist.

I suppose I do not, that is just what everyone in and out of the know is speculating. Also, the secrecy that guards the specifics of the finances speaks volumes. If you were attempting to win, failing, but losing money, wouldn't you make that public?

Also, in a bit of circular logic, I would assume they are making money because they are not changing (and not changing because they are making money). The other options are fairly horrible, as they involve the organization being run in a manor that does not care about losing money.

Archived