Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

ChaosLex

Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

No, they would have gloated and said that they SHOULD have beat us, they didn't do anything special. So it's kinda funny that they should have, but they didn't. It's not like it was a one game thing, they went 2-5 against the 4th worst team in MLB in the final week of the season. They absolutely deserved to get knocked out of the playoffs.

What I meant was they would have celebrated the same way had they knocked us out of playoff contention on a walk off.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bingo. I can't for the life of me understand how any Orioles fan could not take pleasure in last night in every way. None of us really think this changes anything, but for one damn night it was AWESOME to be an Orioles fan, and I'm not letting anything in the past or even in the future take that away.

For all the bad things that have happened to this franchise and its fans over the last 14 years, last night was truly an amazing night. I can guarantee had this guy been sitting with us all night he would have a different opinion of the situation. Or maybe he's just the King in the Land of the Sticks in the Mud!

I took pleasure in the victory. Nice to go out with a win. Nice to see the Sox lose. Nice to see the Rays get in. And I guess it is just a personal preference for how a team ought to act, but I respond much more to stoicism, to the idea that celebration ought to be reserved for achievement instead of happenstance.

I took pleasure in the victory. Nice to go out with a win. Nice to see the Sox lose. Nice to see the Rays get in. And I guess it is just a personal preference for how a team ought to act, but I respond much more to stoicism, to the idea that celebration ought to be reserved for achievement instead of happenstance.

It was achievement. And it was a meaningful statement against a team and a fan base that thinks of us as doormats.

I can wait until next year's fight. I heard a guy on the radio talking about how Beckett will plunk Dino in the back for his comments after the game. Can't wait for someone like Wieters to beat the punk out of that a**hole. Come on back down to Fenway South, folks!

Honestly I got no sympathy for them whining about people like Andino being happy as much. Look at Papelpon the guy is always showing people off on the mound. The Red Sox are just mad because this time the bully became the bullied. You all remember the bully in school who would talk a lot of crap and then you'd actually defend yourself for once, and he's go crying to the teacher or administrator about how he was always so good to you anat you were the mean one. That's what the Red Sox and their fans are doing.

Hee Sox Choi

Group:NEW Unsubscribed User

Posted Yesterday, 11:06 PM

Let's go watch Longo walk it off live.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4494 Coachster

Group:Lurker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4495 Snodgrass'Muff

Group:SoSH Supporter

Posted Yesterday, 11:06 PM

Longoria just walked off.

"I am very sad. This is like finding out that your Teddy Bear is raping the dog while you're at work." ~ Maalox on Manny testing positive

#4496 Chemistry Schmemistry

Dimestore Psinachologist

Group:SoSH Supporter

This morning is more reason why Vinny Cerrato sucks. His comments this morning are just ridiculous. Basically saying last night is over, shut up about it and let's recognize how bad the Orioles really are. Guess what? It was the last game of the season, it was a walk off, probably one of the, if not the best sports days in history all around...and he wants to move on?

God, can we give him back to Washington?

This morning is more reason why Vinny Cerrato sucks. His comments this morning are just ridiculous. Basically saying last night is over, shut up about it and let's recognize how bad the Orioles really are. Guess what? It was the last game of the season, it was a walk off, probably one of the, if not the best sports days in history all around...and he wants to move on?

God, can we give him back to Washington?

Oh dear God no. I didn't realize bug-eyes was doing radio in Baltimore.

BTW, big ups to chris Davis for starting things off.

Aside from the antics of Papi and Albers and the Sawx general attitude of entitlement, I found Papelbon's comments after Tuesday's game particularly obnoxious ('the strong survive, the weak fall by the wayside.... 'etc. ad nauseum). I've yet to see a Sawx player or fan give credit to the Birds, who clearly outplayed them the final month of the season. No class whatsoever. So, hell no, the celebration wasn't over the top. It was a great series, a great walk-off, and a great way to end an otherwise disappointing year.

Karma's a *****, Jonnie boy...

Archived