Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

ChaosLex

Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

Would that have been over the line to play as the O's were celebrating?

All I know is it comes back to the Buck/Theo feud a couple months ago and I guess you see who got the last laugh.

Sox spent $160,257,456 this year. The O's spent $85,304,038. Almost DOUBLE the payroll to be in the same position we are in today. They spent $71,225,536 on losses this year, even though we lost more games we only spent $48,970,836 on losses.

Who get the best bang for the buck?

If the seasons were in a vacuum I'd be right there with you. But BAL/BOS both start the offseason with our same organizations -- I'd say Boston may not be the most efficient team from a payroll perspective but they definitely finish 2011 ahead.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you guys are all idiots, nobody (except for o's fans) considers the Orioles a rival anywhere in the league. Yea the Sox blew it in September, but the O's have sucked since the mid-to-late 90s. I mean over the past decade the O's haven't finished less than 21 games back in the AL east. I guess as a fan of the Orioles you have to capitalize on the chance to celebrate a win that means nothing to the outcome of your team's season. Either way, the Sox lost in a historic landslide September to the worst team in the AL East (4TH WORST IN ALL MLB), which hurts and sucks, but at least we know we won't suck as much as the O's in 2012!!! The Sox will go back to the drawing board in the off season, trim some fat and come back next year and still be a better team than the O's.
$161 million just doesn't buy what it used to do, which is a better couch to watch the postseason on TV.

Sweeeeeet Car-o-line

Choke

Choke

Choke

If the seasons were in a vacuum I'd be right there with you. But BAL/BOS both start the offseason with our same organizations -- I'd say Boston may not be the most efficient team from a payroll perspective but they definitely finish 2011 ahead.

Yeah, I know, I meant looking at 2011 in a vacuum. Going forward, not so much. A miniscule victory, is more than we usually have around here ;)

Why don't we ask the Red Sox fan how his asinine brethren would've cheered in our yard after they won the game with their pink hats and Fenway South Tee's. It's fair if they celebrate, but we can only shake hands. I love their fans selective memories too. Yes, we've lost the past 14 years, but we didn't spend 90 years as the leagues "lovable losers." Welcome back to where you belong, Boston.

No, they would have gloated and said that they SHOULD have beat us, they didn't do anything special. So it's kinda funny that they should have, but they didn't. It's not like it was a one game thing, they went 2-5 against the 4th worst team in MLB in the final week of the season. They absolutely deserved to get knocked out of the playoffs.

Please, they were ready. They were standing at the dugout steps when Papelbon was pitching. They were ready. They were thinking about the champagne.

The difference between the O's and Red Sox 2011 is the pleasure of watching a contending team throughout the season vs. the ongoing reality that Baltimore's season is typically over by June 1. As if this win somehow absolves the last 4 months. The last 14 years.
Are you really this dense? What does the Orioles suckiness have to do with last night?

you guys are all idiots, nobody (except for o's fans) considers the Orioles a rival anywhere in the league. Yea the Sox blew it in September, but the O's have sucked since the mid-to-late 90s. I mean over the past decade the O's haven't finished less than 21 games back in the AL east. I guess as a fan of the Orioles you have to capitalize on the chance to celebrate a win that means nothing to the outcome of your team's season. Either way, the Sox lost in a historic landslide September to the worst team in the AL East (4TH WORST IN ALL MLB), which hurts and sucks, but at least we know we won't suck as much as the O's in 2012!!! The Sox will go back to the drawing board in the off season, trim some fat and come back next year and still be a better team than the O's.

As a reminder - here is how your precious O's have finished (AL East) over the past decade:

28 games back this year

30 games back in 2010

39 games back in 2009

28 games back in 2008

27 games back in 2007 (last time they weren't last in AL East)

27 games back in 2006

21 games back in 2005

23 games back in 2004

30 games back in 2003

36 games back in 2002

32 games back in 2001

You're probably already ditching your pink hat and jumping on the Rays bandwagon.

The one win obviously does not absolve the past 14 years. But why its so difficult for you to overlook that and just celebrate the victory on this one day confuses me. Are you an Orioles fan or not? And if not...wtf are you doing here?

Bingo. I can't for the life of me understand how any Orioles fan could not take pleasure in last night in every way. None of us really think this changes anything, but for one damn night it was AWESOME to be an Orioles fan, and I'm not letting anything in the past or even in the future take that away.

For all the bad things that have happened to this franchise and its fans over the last 14 years, last night was truly an amazing night. I can guarantee had this guy been sitting with us all night he would have a different opinion of the situation. Or maybe he's just the King in the Land of the Sticks in the Mud!

Archived