Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

ChaosLex

Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

Unfortunately he and Ken Weinman (who I do like) replaced Mark Viviano and Damon Yaffe. Which I think is appalling. Mark Viviano was phenomenal, and Damon..whilst not great...was a pretty good sidekick to Mark.

I don't know what 105.7 was thinking with Vinny Cerrato and Jen Royle. They are beyond terrible.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And that pleasure from the last 4 months means ABSOLUTELY nothing today. It's like 4 months of preseason games, because the Sox are sitting at home on their couch watching the games like the O's are, and we spent way less to get there.

We are are always an awful team, we are never supposed to contend. We are failures because we didn't put a better team together, the Sox are failures because they didn't want it enough.

This win means nothing, just like the entire season for the Sox. But in the big picture, the O's still come out ahead this year because they spent less, and have a better draft pick to show for the SAME result the Sox have.

Fixed that. I love the fact that we knocked them out...the celebration, like all walk off celebrations for a team 20+ games unedr .500 was/is a bit over the top.

Last night was the best response to the "brawl", the douche fans, and all of the Red Sox pitchers who continue to plunk Oriole hitters. If for one night this team was able to do what needed to be done. Awesome, and after following this team for 27 or so years, I will revel in this. Anybody that is offended, can kiss me arse.

As if celebrations are premeditated. I suppose some can be put on for media purposes, but the nature of a true celebration is you let go and express your feelings in the moment! The idea that there should be some sort of protocol or decorum is ludicrous. I think some people are confusing celebration with ceremony.

I voted yes, but who cares. I leaned over to the row of Sux's fans next to me , one who was wearing a Camden Yards -Fenway Park South tee shirt and asked him "how's that shirt working for you now?". That was bad form also:)

If I ever see someone wearing a shirt like that at Camden Yards, it's quite likely I'll do 20 years for second degree murder. I can't believe that's tolerated.

If I ever see someone wearing a shirt like that at Camden Yards, it's quite likely I'll do 20 years for second degree murder. I can't believe that's tolerated.

Yeah, I've never seen those shirts before. Are they sanctioned by the Red Sox? If so, that's a shame.

As if celebrations are premeditated. I suppose some can be put on for media purposes, but the nature of a true celebration is you let go and express your feelings in the moment! The idea that there should be some sort of protocol or decorum is ludicrous. I think some people are confusing celebration with ceremony.

Eh, I think it's a fair question with an easy answer. There is obviously a level of decorum/protocal associated with celebrations in the game. Fans complain about/make fun of celebrations all the time. Closers pumping their first and screaming, batters standing at the plate to long to watch a homerun, etc. Just because there is emotion involved doesn't mean a person has carte blanche to act in any manner they please with no repercussions.

In last night's instance, it was clearly appropriate to celebrate as they did -- an I personally would say some of Andino's comments were in poor taste, at the same time.

Eh, I think it's a fair question with an easy answer. There is obviously a level of decorum/protocal associated with celebrations in the game. Fans complain about/make fun of celebrations all the time. Closers pumping their first and screaming, batters standing at the plate to long to watch a homerun, etc. Just because there is emotion involved doesn't mean a person has carte blanche to act in any manner they please with no repercussions.

In last night's instance, it was clearly appropriate to celebrate as they did -- an I personally would say some of Andino's comments were in poor taste, at the same time.

This is exactly right.

I've been flaunting my O's shirt all around campus (will wear another tomorrow) and I've had several people come up and congratulate me.

What a feeling. Still high off of last night's win.

That's the awesome thing about this. I see that you are in Cincy and people are saying that to you. It just shows that other than the Northeast and the bandwagoners around here, no one gives 2 flying ***** about the Red Sox...most people are sick of the coverage they get all year.

That's the awesome thing about this. I see that you are in Cincy and people are saying that to you. It just shows that other than the Northeast and the bandwagoners around here, no one gives 2 flying ***** about the Red Sox...most people are sick of the coverage they get all year.

I have been giving a nice little ribbing to the several Bostonians who are here (one who I live with).

Yeah, I've never seen those shirts before. Are they sanctioned by the Red Sox? If so, that's a shame.

I hadn't seen one of the t-shirts in years (probably the 2008 season) but we saw someone wearing one at Monday's game. It just said "Welcome to Fenway South" in normal black lettering across the front. The worst part was that it was in Orange. My brother said something to the person wearing it but they just ignored him and kept on walking. That shirt has to be one of the most obnoxious fan shirts anywhere in sports.

Archived