Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

ChaosLex

Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

Apparently Colin Cowherd had a great segment defending the O's actions on Sports Nation today.

80% of Sports Nation agreed with him.

Ah...the same man who said we had no right to boo Teixeira.

For the record, when you brawl with a team, and one of their players says that you're an "irrelevant franchise", you can rub it in all you want. The Sox can **** themselves, and I hope they never forgot this season.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll voice my dissent here. Of course it was bad form. The O's finished with the 4th worst record in baseball. Celebrating like they'd just won the world series shows that they don't have much depth to their character and that they have no concept of perspective.

That said, it was a fun moment and I enjoyed watching the excitement, even if it was misguided. THEY JUST WON THEIR 69TH GAME OF THE SEASON. woo. hoo.

Just because we've been losers for 14 years doesn't mean we ought to lower our expectations. This year was a disaster. A round of handshakes would have been appropriate.

I'm with Puck - it was a walkoff. Walkoffs ALWAYS look like that.

When it's a walkoff to eliminate a team that has been a thorn in your ass for the better part of a decade, do whatever the hell you want. Moonwalk your ass around the warning track!!! Juggle bats & helmets!!! Shaving cream pie every single fan in the stadium!!!

I wished they would have carried on for a half hour. Eff the Red Sox fans and their sour grapes.

Fixed that for ya.

Even if we did that in Boston, I don't think it would have been in bad form. Had the Sox clinched the wild card last night in Bmo, they would have done the same thing.

Yeah, good point. It's been a long time since I lived in the Baltimore area. Back then nobody rooted for the Red Sox in MD/DC/VA area unless they were from New England. Can't help but despise anyone from MD/DC/VA who is a Red Sox fan, even if it's a small lovely child.

Perhaps this will put an exclamation point on the whole issue ......

I don't know if any of you were in the field level on the first base-side, just outside of the infield ....... but that is where I was. When the Red Sox were winning 3-2 and the Yankees were up on the Rays 7-0, a Red Sox fan got up, and was continually taunting us be screaming and chanting "1983." ...... an obvious punch in the stomach to us in reference to our last world title. He was doing it and looking at various Oriole fans with glee.

Needless to say, when the Yankees tied the game at 7 during our rain delay, he wasn't so loud and boisterous. And then we won the game in the bottom of the 9th ........ there wasn't much at all for him to say then.

So IMRAOAO, "bad form" goes out the window when it comes to dealing with Red Sox fans and their team. They don't deserve any kind of humility or sportsmanship whatsoever. They are nothing more than a bunch of bullying creeps who boast when they have the nerdy-looking kid on the ground, and who whimper like cowards when someone fights back and punches them in the mouth. There is no such thing as "bad form" for Oriole fans and/or Oriole players when it comes to beating the Red Sox. We did whatever the hell we wanted to (as we should have), and that is all there is to it. The only thing that was classless and gosh was the Red Sox fans' behavior at this particular game, and overall for the past 7 years.

P.S. My uncle has been a Red Sox fan since 1935, and he is nothing like these people. Keep in mind, when I say "Red Sox fans," I am referring to thew vast majority of them, not all of them.

I don't know if any of you were in the field level on the first base-side, just outside of the infield ....... but that is where I was. When the Red Sox were winning 3-2 and the Yankees were up on the Rays 7-0, a Red Sox fan got up, and was continually taunting us be screaming and chanting "1983." ...... an obvious punch in the stomach to us in reference to our last world title. He was doing it and looking at various Oriole fans with glee.

Needless to say, when the Yankees tied the game at 7 during our rain delay, he wasn't so loud and boisterous. And then we won the game in the bottom of the 9th ........ there wasn't much at all for him to say then.

So IMRAOAO, "bad form" goes out the window when it comes to dealing with Red Sox fans and their team. They don't deserve any kind of humility or sportsmanship whatsoever. They are nothing more than a bunch of bullying creeps who boast when they have the nerdy-looking kid on the ground, and who whimper like cowards when someone fights back and punches them in the mouth. There is no such thing as "bad form" for Oriole fans and/or Oriole players when it comes to beating the Red Sox. We did whatever the hell we wanted to (as we should have), and that is all there is to it. The only thing that was classless and gosh was the Red Sox fans' behavior at this particular game, and overall for the past 7 years.

P.S. My uncle has been a Red Sox fan since 1935, and he is nothing like these people. Keep in mind, when I say "Red Sox fans," I am referring to thew vast majority of them, not all of them.

That is just terrible. If you are going to heckle and trash talk at least say something original.

As with most things, it's typically 5% of people who ruin it for the other 95%. I guarantee that there are more decent Red Sox fans than there are bandwagoner, loud, obnoxious ones. But really, I don't care about the fans. I care about the players and how they represent the city of Baltimore.

I don't care if Francona gave a press conference stating what a crappy franchise Baltimore is and that he can hardly be dignified to field a team against us. I don't care if every one of the Sox players gives every fan at Camden Yards the finger. I just care about how our team acts and reacts.

I want our guys to have perspective. To understand that they did not have a good season and that winning last night's game was not worthy of a celebration, no matter what the consequences were for the OTHER team. Reveling in the misfortunes of others is not a trait I admire, which would be to say that I don't admire a lot of the individuals who have posted in this thread.

When it's a walkoff to eliminate a team that has been a thorn in your ass for the better part of a decade, do whatever the hell you want. Moonwalk your ass around the warning track!!! Juggle bats & helmets!!! Shaving cream pie every single fan in the stadium!!!

I wished they would have carried on for a half hour. Eff the Red Sox fans and their sour grapes.

Agreed.

Who cares what the Red Sox think about our celebration.

They didn't even know who we were, during the past fourteen seasons, until after last night's game.

I wish the entire Orioles team would have led the crowd in a chorus of "Red Sox Decline", over and over again.

Archived