Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

ChaosLex

Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

The difference between the O's and Red Sox 2011 is the pleasure of watching a contending team throughout the season vs. the ongoing reality that Baltimore's season is typically over by June 1. As if this win somehow absolves the last 4 months. The last 14 years.

Who is this guy? What a strange one.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps this will put an exclamation point on the whole issue ......

I don't know if any of you were in the field level on the first base-side, just outside of the infield ....... but that is where I was. When the Red Sox were winning 3-2 and the Yankees were up on the Rays 7-0, a Red Sox fan got up, and was continually taunting us be screaming and chanting "1983." ...... an obvious punch in the stomach to us in reference to our last world title. He was doing it and looking at various Oriole fans with glee.

Needless to say, when the Yankees tied the game at 7 during our rain delay, he wasn't so loud and boisterous. And then we won the game in the bottom of the 9th ........ there wasn't much at all for him to say then.

So IMRAOAO, "bad form" goes out the window when it comes to dealing with Red Sox fans and their team. They don't deserve any kind of humility or sportsmanship whatsoever. They are nothing more than a bunch of bullying creeps who boast when they have the nerdy-looking kid on the ground, and who whimper like cowards when someone fights back and punches them in the mouth. There is no such thing as "bad form" for Oriole fans and/or Oriole players when it comes to beating the Red Sox. We did whatever the hell we wanted to (as we should have), and that is all there is to it. The only thing that was classless and gosh was the Red Sox fans' behavior at this particular game, and overall for the past 7 years.

P.S. My uncle has been a Red Sox fan since 1935, and he is nothing like these people. Keep in mind, when I say "Red Sox fans," I am referring to thew vast majority of them, not all of them.

I would have started an 86 years!!! chant right back at him and on my walk out of OPACY.

The last two words looked like "Go home". Not sure about the first part, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't "have a nice day". Maybe it was "Mothers, fathers, children, go home" ;)

I think if it was me that hit that I would stand out on second base after the run crosses and give my best pappeldouche stare into the red sox dugout lol

As with most things, it's typically 5% of people who ruin it for the other 95%. I guarantee that there are more decent Red Sox fans than there are bandwagoner, loud, obnoxious ones. But really, I don't care about the fans. I care about the players and how they represent the city of Baltimore.

I don't care if Francona gave a press conference stating what a crappy franchise Baltimore is and that he can hardly be dignified to field a team against us. I don't care if every one of the Sox players gives every fan at Camden Yards the finger. I just care about how our team acts and reacts.

I want our guys to have perspective. To understand that they did not have a good season and that winning last night's game was not worthy of a celebration, no matter what the consequences were for the OTHER team. Reveling in the misfortunes of others is not a trait I admire, which would be to say that I don't admire a lot of the individuals who have posted in this thread.

So you think any team with a sub .500 record shouldn't be aloud to celebrate walk off win, which is exactly what we did last night?

The last two words looked like "Go home". Not sure about the first part, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't "have a nice day". Maybe it was "Mothers, fathers, children, go home" ;)

I feel like I've nailed down the first few words. :P But the end really doesn't seem right for "go home". I don't see a "g" anywhere.

Jones and Andino. These guys we got to keep. Just for the fighter mentality.

So you think any team with a sub .500 record shouldn't be aloud to celebrate walk off win, which is exactly what we did last night?

Look at it this way, Rick. His post champions the "majority" of Red Sox fans ...... 95 percent. Essentially, he is saying that a small few bad apples (5 %) spoil it for the rest of the Red Sox bunch (the other 95 %). Yet, I wonder if it has even dawned on him that he is among the 1.3 percent (not even 5 percent) of Oriole fans on OH that feels it to be inappropriate for the players to joyously celebrate a dramatic comeback win against a bitter rival to KO them from the playoffs.

So basically, he believes that only 5 percent of Red Sox fans are obnoxious loudmouths, yet somehow here on the OH, 98.7 percent of us Oriole fans really have no perspective on what is gosh/classless/meaningless and what is not. Go figure.

Look at it this way, Rick. His post champions the "majority" of Red Sox fans ...... 95 percent. Essentially, he is saying that a small few bad apples (5 %) spoil it for the rest of the Red Sox bunch (the other 95 %). Yet, I wonder if it has even dawned on him that he is among the 1.3 percent (not even 5 percent) of Oriole fans on OH that feels it to be inappropriate for the players to joyously celebrate a dramatic comeback win against a bitter rival to KO them from the playoffs.

So basically, he believes that only 5 percent of Red Sox fans are obnoxious loudmouths, yet somehow here on the OH, 98.7 percent of us Oriole fans really have no perspective on what is gosh/classless/meaningless and what is not. Go figure.

Yeah, I mean I can respect each individuals opinion and I wasn't going to give him a hard time about it, but he's been rambling on now for several pages about how a pitiful team like the O's shouldn't celebrate. I mean it's at the point now of absurdity.

BTW, Glad you got to experience the magic in person OFFNY - Very glad for you. I was going to go to the game, but I took my mom up to your neck of the woods to NYC for the day. I made it back to my house by about 11:00, just when the game resumed from the rain delay.

Are you kidding me?

Last night, Rick Morehouse totally got up on the cafeteria table and gave it to that a-hole Greg Tolan. George McFly clocked Biff Tannen right in the face. Daniel LaRusso beat Johnny Lawrence with one bad leg. Charlie Conway triple deked his way past those anonymously evil Hawks. The inmates stuck it to the guards. Rocky went the distance with Apollo Creed. Need I go on?

Celebrate on.

Yeah, I mean I can respect each individuals opinion and I wasn't going to give him a hard time about it, but he's been rambling on now for several pages about how a pitiful team like the O's shouldn't celebrate. I mean it's at the point now of absurdity.

BTW, Glad you got to experience the magic in person OFFNY - Very glad for you. I was going to go to the game, but I took my mom up to your neck of the woods to NYC for the day. I made it back to my house by about 11:00, just when the game resumed from the rain delay.

Thanks alot, Rick. :) I hope that you and your mom had fun up here above the Mason-Dixon Line. :laughlol: At least you got to watch the end on TV. :thumbsup1:

As with most things, it's typically 5% of people who ruin it for the other 95%. I guarantee that there are more decent Red Sox fans than there are bandwagoner, loud, obnoxious ones. But really, I don't care about the fans. I care about the players and how they represent the city of Baltimore.

I don't care if Francona gave a press conference stating what a crappy franchise Baltimore is and that he can hardly be dignified to field a team against us. I don't care if every one of the Sox players gives every fan at Camden Yards the finger. I just care about how our team acts and reacts.

I want our guys to have perspective. To understand that they did not have a good season and that winning last night's game was not worthy of a celebration, no matter what the consequences were for the OTHER team. Reveling in the misfortunes of others is not a trait I admire, which would be to say that I don't admire a lot of the individuals who have posted in this thread.

I think you should stop watching sports and go join the Tree huggers of america and sing kumbaya with those people.

The only problem with last nights celebration is that the Orioles didn't go too over the top.

I think the celebration sucked.

They should have ran on the field with beer and champagne. They should have brought Bucky Dent on the field and honored them.

They should have told Albers and Papi(2 players that taunted them a few months back), to go F themselves, over the loud speaker.

They should have ran on the field and mooned all the Boston fans.

They should have played the Mike and Mike parody song to Sweet Caroline(if you havent heard it, its pretty funny), over the loud speaker in between every inning.

And the Orioles should have played this over the loudspeaker and have the O's performed a team dance in front of the Red Sox dugout.

[video=youtube;o6eXGDjbWn8]

I don't really understand the reaction to the celebration. Teams have crazy celebrations for every walk-off win and that isn't considered unsportsmanlike. If we had walked off a random team in June the celebration would have been a bit more subdued in energy, but similar in practicality. The fact that we are in last place has nothing to do with celebrating or not celebrating-- a win is a win and this was one of the most exciting wins of the season, for obvious reasons.

The only reason their celebration is even causing discussion is because of the dramatic national stage it played out on-- which is precisely the reason the O's players showed such genuine emotion.

Archived