Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

ChaosLex

Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Was it bad form to celebrate the way we did?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, what did Andino say? I'm on a 16 hour tour and missed everything today. And hell no, nothing was wrong with sending those pink hat douches back to Virginia and DC crying to our celebration.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

"End of season like this, (to) make Boston go home sad, crying. I'll take it all day."

What's awesome is hearing Thorne banging on the desk as Reimold and Andino get their big hits. I assume it is Thorne and not Palmer. Thorne is horrible with a lot of the play by play but you could tell from the beginning he was into this series and was pulling for the O's. WHich IMO, is fine by a hometown broadcaster as long as it's not over the top and annoying like Harrelson in Chicago.

Eh, I think it's a fair question with an easy answer. There is obviously a level of decorum/protocal associated with celebrations in the game. Fans complain about/make fun of celebrations all the time. Closers pumping their first and screaming, batters standing at the plate to long to watch a homerun, etc. Just because there is emotion involved doesn't mean a person has carte blanche to act in any manner they please with no repercussions.

In last night's instance, it was clearly appropriate to celebrate as they did -- an I personally would say some of Andino's comments were in poor taste, at the same time.

Remind me not to come to any of your parties.:rolleyestf:

Listen these players are emotionally invested in this stuff just like we are. They are prideful competitive people. You aren't going to get to the big leagues without being highly competitive. When they see Albers running his fat mouth, Ortiz admiring his homeruns, Beckett disrespecting the franchise it gets personal. What Andino said was exactly what everyone in that clubhouse was feeling, including Buck. They just took the cliched, expected route with their responses to beating the Sox. Anybody who has a problem with how the O's celebrated or what ANdino said doesn't have a competitive bone in their body which is sad.

Listen these players are emotionally invested in this stuff just like we are. They are prideful competitive people. You aren't going to get to the big leagues without being highly competitive. When they see Albers running his fat mouth, Ortiz admiring his homeruns, Beckett disrespecting the franchise it gets personal. What Andino said was exactly what everyone in that clubhouse was feeling, including Buck. They just took the cliched, expected route with their responses to beating the Sox. Anybody who has a problem with how the O's celebrated or what ANdino said doesn't have a competitive bone in their body which is sad.

Bull****, and a simplistic overstatement. I didn't personally like how Andino carried himself on the field, or in his interviews. But it's nothing I'd discipline him over were it my team/org. The bolded above makes me think you haven't actually been faced with having to 1) handle yourself in front of huge crowds of people in emotionally charged situations, and 2) you haven't been charged with managing other people who have to handle themselves in front of huge crowds of people in emotionally charged situations.

It's absolutely possible to lose yourself in celebration, even in self congratulation, without crossing a particular line. It's something you learn with experience, and last night it was painfully obvious that Andino is either inexperienced or simply immature.

As if celebrations are premeditated. I suppose some can be put on for media purposes, but the nature of a true celebration is you let go and express your feelings in the moment! The idea that there should be some sort of protocol or decorum is ludicrous. I think some people are confusing celebration with ceremony.

Ok..then if just letting yourself go without any decorum is fine..then how about after each run is scored? Can players rip off their jerseys and jump up into the stands after each home run? C'mon..even celebration has it's limits.

Ok..then if just letting yourself go without any decorum is fine..then how about afer each run is scored? Can players rip offtheir jerseys and jump up into the stands after each home run? C'mon..even celebration has it's limits.
The game was over right. sure during a game you don't show people up. But the game was over right? Now can yoiu describe the rules that were being adhered or not being adhered to.to during the O's post game pile up. Are there certain kinds of ways it's OK to jump up and down with glee and other ways that are bad form? Geez this is a dumb discussion .I'm surprised how many wannabe proctologists ther are around here.

A friend of mine who grew up and lives here in Maryland is a big Red Sox fan. I couldnt wait to get to the office in the morning to call him at work.

When I called and spoke to his secretary she said he was on the phone and asked to take a message. I told her that I was Robert Andino, an old friend of his, and left my work number.

Unfortunately, I was out for lunch when he called back asking for Robert Andino. My secretary didnt know what he was talking about and he laughed and told her, obviously she was neither a Red Sox fan, nor an Orioles fan, because Robert Andino was the guy who killed the Red Sox last night and someone at our office was calling to rub it in and he had his suspicions as to which one of us called. He and she had a good laugh as he took it in stride. But her description was probably better than if I had been there to answer the phone myself.

Was that wrong of me? I dont think so!

If the game were in Boston then maybe -- maybe -- it would have been bad form. Even then, not really. But in Baltimore? Bad form? Are you kidding? It's our freaking field!! The more Red Sox fans that went back to Boston crying and depressed and despising the Orioles the better.

If the game were in Boston then maybe -- maybe -- it would have been bad form. Even then, not really. But in Baltimore? Bad form? Are you kidding? It's our freaking field!! The more Red Sox fans that went back to MD/DC/VA crying and depressed and despising the Orioles the better.

Fixed that for ya.

Even if we did that in Boston, I don't think it would have been in bad form. Had the Sox clinched the wild card last night in Bmo, they would have done the same thing.

Archived