23) Bernandina

24) Fowler

25) S. Johnson

26) Mummey

27) M. Hernandez

28) Bumbry

29) Ruettiger

30) McCurry

Just so the ground rules are clear, I assume 2011 draftees who didn't play this summer (Bundy et al.) are eligible for the list?

Yes, anyone signed and in the system who is still eligible to be a major league rookie is eligible for your list.

I've started mine

1. Machado

Still working on the rest.

You've seen him and I haven't. But curious as to your thoughts why Machado over Dylan Bundy? Is it because of what Machado has done in pro ball vs. Bundy not having done anything? Or, regardless of the hype, Manny is just even higher?

You've seen him and I haven't. But curious as to your thoughts why Machado over Dylan Bundy? Is it because of what Machado has done in pro ball vs. Bundy not having done anything? Or, regardless of the hype, Manny is just even higher?

I'm going to be fascinated to see which one Tony chooses. This could be the toughest choice for no. 1 in years. Tony's always loved the pitchers (says me), but Machado is pretty special. I'd go with Machado simply because he got through his first season without any major hiccups and is more or less "on target," whereas Bundy hasn't shown what he can do at the pro level and arms are always a bit risky.

Standard bias against HS righties that haven't thrown on short rest over a five month season. I add to that some injury concerns that were floating around among scouts due to HS workload closing out his Jr. year and some of his summer performances in 2010. I have little doubt that a healthy Bundy will be a successful ML pitcher. But injury risk is higher than Machado (and my biggest concern with him, from a value perspective, is future position). So, as of today, I view Bundy as lower floor, comparable ceiling, slightly lower probability to Machado.

Archived