A hint of a rumor that you will like

Frobby

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, a soccer-specific stadium with 25k chanting, singing, flag-waiving MLS fans is a heck of a lot more fun than watching the O's lose in front of 12,331 announced fans.

Yeah, but what isn't more fun than that? Watching paint dry is more fun. Heck, watching paint dry is probably more fun than watching MLS soccer with 15k people annoying you with songs and flags.

There are zero, though I always think of Portland as a place MLB should look into.

Any team that looks at Portland will quickly look away. Like Drungo said, they banished AAA baseball for soccer, and the former PGE Park was converted so that it is no longer suitable for baseball at any level, much less a temporary home for an MLB team. Name a city.....Las Vegas, Charlotte, San Antonio....you'll see a team in all of those places before you see one in Portland.

To be fair, watching soccer isn't more exciting/fun than anything.

Ah, stupid me, forgot that people are constitutionally obliged to bash soccer on a baseball site.

I've always wanted to get my soccer friends together with my baseball friends and have them do a rap battle to the death over which sport was more boring.

Ah, stupid me, forgot that people are constitutionally obliged to bash soccer on a baseball site.

I've always wanted to get my soccer friends together with my baseball friends and have them do a rap battle to the death over which sport was more boring.

I think football is the most boring sport. Run, wait 45 seconds, run, wait 45 seconds, incomplete pass, punt, tv timeout, touchdown, extra point, commercial, kickoff, commercial. I guess if you like commercials it is pretty exciting

Football has an atrocious pace. I enjoy the sport, but that's a fact.

Instant replay makes the sport. If you actually had to watch while the players were huddling and standing around, you'd be bored to death. When you are at a game, the TV time outs and replay challenges are incredibly irritating.

Instant replay makes the sport. If you actually had to watch while the players were huddling and standing around, you'd be bored to death. When you are at a game, the TV time outs and replay challenges are incredibly irritating.

Yup, which is why so many people say that it's the only sport that's better viewed on television than in person.

I heard someone make a good point the other day in regard to the popularity of football vs. baseball. To paraphrase they basically said, "If you listen to a football game on the radio you'll understand why baseball was more popular for the first 70 years of the century". I thought it was rather astute.

Archived