• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you lose almost 100 games, you have more problems then just SP. Many say the offense is fine, but who knows who takes a step back next year. Will Wieters build off 2011? Will Jones continue to get better? Will Roberts be back? Who plays 1B/3B? Will Markakis regain his form from a few years ago? I'm not sold that this offense will be any good next year. SP help would be nice, but those who totally dismiss we need to add offense too, I think over estimates what it will be in 2012. This team needs to improve in ALL aspects.

Let's be honest. No, you won't.

Anyway, I didn't get to see the presser but I'm mildly encouraged by what I've read on here.

I'm amazed anyone can get excited about much around here without anything actually gotten done yet. lol It's all smoke and mirrors until results start to come in...

We have enough guys in our system to get a guy "like Headley".

Tillman, Arrieta, Hobgood, Reimold, etc...just to name, names

Personally, I wouldn't give up Arrieta for Headley. And I doubt the other names mentioned would even get SD to listen. Maybe Reimold, but i'm not sure i'd give him up. I'd like to see Reimold as our everyday DH, and get 500+ AB.

I didn't see it either, but I also am liking what I'm reading.

I just worry that he won't have the authority or budget to do what he wants.

I think he believes the budget right now is fine...but its the implementing of the budget that has been the issue.

That has always been the problem..its not the money you are spending, its how you are spending it.

I am glad he realizes that...but none of that means he will do it properly.

I think he believes the budget right now is fine...but its the implementing of the budget that has been the issue.

That has always been the problem..its not the money you are spending, its how you are spending it.

I am glad he realizes that...but none of that means he will do it properly.

The overall budget may be fine, but I believe that PA has always been much more willing to spend on free agents than on the amateur market, including scouting and then development.

Is he willing to increase the budget for international signings? Is he willing to raise the scouting and development budgets? These are my budget concerns.

In 2015, when we're winning with Delmonico - 1B, Schoop - 2B, Machado - SS, Esposito - 3B, Wieters/Lino - C, Hoes - LF, Glynn Davis - CF, Jones - RF, and Chris Davis - DH, and a rotation of Britton, Dylan Bundy, Arrieta, Bridwell and Klein; Duquette is going to look like a freakin' genius. :D

Archived