• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. It sounds like status quo to me. No focused effort on either big signings or a complete rebuild. Toeing the line......I don't like that. I just have my reservations this guy has real authority.

Maybe he, like many of us, doesn't think that huge free agent signings will do much for the club. I am very happy with what I hear about international scouting and player development, though how he implements that remains to be seen.

Not bad so far. Don't like how he keeps referencing us as a "small market"

Laughed at this:

Q: "How will you convince players to sign a contract with the team?"

A: "We won't have a problem with players taking our money"

He hasn't been around the O's very long ;)

Yeah-lol. That was funny. He doesn't know the confederate money problem.

I disagree. It sounds like status quo to me. No focused effort on either big signings or a complete rebuild. Toeing the line......I don't like that. I just have my reservations this guy has real authority.

Everything he's saying points to building an international presence and acquiring talent. I have my doubts due to the Angelos factor, but I'm happy they're not going to give A-Ram a big, dumb deal and push to win 85 games next year.

He's sent some mixed messages here.

First he says we have a good core of players to build around, mentioning Hardy, Wieters and Jones and that as soon as we can sign the players we need we can be competitive.

Then he says we need to have a good core in place before going into FA...

So which is it?

He's sent some mixed messages here.

First he says we have a good core of players to build around, mentioning Hardy, Wieters and Jones and that as soon as we can sign the players we need we can be competitive.

Then he says we need to have a good core in place before going into FA...

Think you are misunderstanding. He said we have to develop our own talent and build a team the right way. No reason to sign players just to make a splash. When he mentions bringing in good players he is CLEARLY talking about trades and young players, since he is referring to development. When they develop and you get a pipeline of talent, then you look to FAs as complimentary.

Archived