• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he just said we are spending adequately on scouting and development but just aren't getting the return. Well I agree that the return is the proble, so is the spending.

This brings up a ton of questions on authority as well. Is he going to have the ability to replace the scouting and development guys????

Oh boy...it isn't about money invested, but return (in response to the question are we spending enough on scouting).

I am not very happy with this press conference. He seems like a yes man and we expect more status quo. I hope I am wrong, but I just did not get a good initial impression for the direction of our club based on that Q&A session.

Well he just said we are spending adequately on scouting and development but just aren't getting the return. Well I agree that the return is the proble, so is the spending.

This brings up a ton of questions on authority as well. Is he going to have the ability to replace the scouting and development guys????

Bingo. Good post. Good questions.

I'm hearing he wants to rebuild, improve scouting & development, and has been sold that the idea that they are a small market team....Which is complete BS.

Anyone know if anyone from the OH is there? Man, I would love have Tony or someone gotten a question in!

If you're Trea, you're pissed.

If you're SG, I think you're mildly encouraged.

Sounds like were going into a complete rebuild. Hopefully he has the authority to do it as he sees fit. At least he values the international market. Interesting to see what will happen there.

I also got the impression that he'll be able to bring his own guys in. When asked if the next scouting director could come from within the organization, he kind of side stepped it. Also mentioned that he knew of others from outside the organization "chomping at the bit" to come in. Again, we'll see.

Archived