Why did you list only the RF line? Why not RF and the RF/CF alley? and even CF?

Do you pick and choose the statistical data that you use to support your theory much?

Boras and Fielder have stated that their sole critera for selecting a contract is RF line distance. That's why the New York Giants are way, way out in front on this one. They've arranged to have Mel Ott's ghost wine and dine Fielder, and give him a big posterboard copy of the 258 sign from the Polo Grounds.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really starting to think we are in on Fielder deeper than whats being reported, we have been quiet but keep saying we are interested, boras makes his statements lets just say they are true about how he is surprised about a few teams and he is only worried about the distance to right field which favors us greatly, and then you have this secret mandate from angelos, i dunno maybe we go ahead and make a big time move for fielder, If we went ahead and also got a danks, cahill or floyd we would have drastically improved our team in my opinion.

I'm really starting to think we are in on Fielder deeper than whats being reported, we have been quiet but keep saying we are interested, boras makes his statements lets just say they are true about how he is surprised about a few teams and he is only worried about the distance to right field which favors us greatly, and then you have this secret mandate from angelos, i dunno maybe we go ahead and make a big time move for fielder, If we went ahead and also got a danks, cahill or floyd we would have drastically improved our team in my opinion.

This is the kind of thinking that leads to people being upset when Fielder signs elsewhere. The Orioles are interested until some team, a trust me, some team will come in a make a ludicrous offer and will land Fielder. Right now there's not a ton of interest at his current asking price, so Boras/Heyman are doing their best to drum up interest in order to get a nice little bidding war going. As much as I don't like what Boras has done to baseball salaries and in effect jacked up ticket and food prices for the common fan, I know he's the best in the business when it comes to this game.

The only chance the Orioles have is if they are willing to give him the most money, and I doubt they will. By the way, don't count St. Louis out now. They now have a hole at 1B and a lot of cash they were willing to spend on Pujols. What better way for their fans to get over Pujols is by signing a five-year younger middle of the order first baseman.

What better way for their fans to get over Pujols is by signing a five-year younger middle of the order first baseman.

I could easily see the Cardinals going for a younger 1b prospect-type. I mean, it seems like their signing of Matt Holliday a few years back was done with Pujols' exit in mind. They still have a legit #3/#4 hitter in Holliday, and could risk putting a younger 1b with upside there.

I think Fielder ends up with the Mariners, and the Cardinals swing a trade for Smoak.

The Cardinals have said they did not plan on going after Fielder. Remember they have Lance Berkman to play 1B. Jimmy Rollins is a possiblity as well as Beltran.

As for the Orioles, it's the team you don't hear that usually winds up with the Boras player. Nobody knew the Yankees were in on Tex until literally the last minute.

IMO they are still in silent running...

The Cardinals have said they did not plan on going after Fielder. Remember they have Lance Berkman to play 1B. Jimmy Rollins is a possiblity as well as Beltran.

As for the Orioles, it's the team you don't hear that usually winds up with the Boras player. Nobody knew the Yankees were in on Tex until literally the last minute.

IMO they are still in silent running...

Except we're not the Yankees, and nobody wants to play for us without the money being there, and with Angelos in charge it won't be.

Archived