Todays (12-06-2011) Orioles Trade.

weams

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nats have a much better chance at Upton then Jones.

True, and they would give up less...but Jones isn't the headache that Upton has been prone to be, as well as a more valuable player (Jones with 105/108/115 last 3 OPS+, Upton 82/106/115)

A Rendon, Meyer return would be a huge boost for our future.

You couldn't make that trade until February, at which point you'd have to make it for two PTBNL and they'd have to spend the year in Washington's system before eventually coming to Baltimore in August.

Hearing the O's are working on perhaps a three way trade. I need to get more details. This might get done tonight or perhaps never SP.RP and outfielder in deal to come back.

The bolded never really made me laugh out loud for some reason. I'm excited to hear more about this, though.

Hearing the O's are working on perhaps a three way trade. I need to get more details. This might get done tonight or perhaps never SP.RP and outfielder in deal to come back.

The Orioles were involved in a 3 team trade today with the Nationals and the Rays. The Rays receive AJ Cole from the Nationals. The Nationals receive BJ Upton from the Rays. The Orioles receive Jim Johnson, Jeremy Guthrie, and Adam Jones from themselves. :D

Could the language include future considerations.

No. PTBNL in Feb, with the exchange happening in August.

By the way, that would mean Washington just paid Rendon $6 MM for the right to trade him for Jones. And Baltimore would have to be comfortable with letting Washington develop their primary return for Jones.

Not going to happen.

No. PTBNL in Feb, with the exchange happening in August.

By the way, that would mean Washington just paid Rendon $6 MM for the right to trade him for Jones. And Baltimore would have to be comfortable with letting Washington develop their primary return for Jones.

Not going to happen.

Unless it happens at the deadline...which could make sense.

Archived