• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this make you begin to question DD's judgement?

I mean thank goodness there wasn't a leak on this deal it may have fallen through.

This can't be the deal. Can it?

It's like Lewis Black getting a Dreidel instead of a horse for Hanuka.

Between Albuquerque and LA, Eveland actually had a pretty decent year in 2011. Much better than the rest of his career.

Yeah, but 30 innings is a small sample size for a guy whoe was ROCKED in 2009 and 2010. Adding arms makes sense if we are looking to fill the #5 spot through competition. Filling the #4 and #5 through competition is not something that I can get behind.

Why would you give up ANYTHING for him? I don't care if they traded a 26 y/o single A pitcher. Just out of principle, why would you trade anything for a guy this bad?

Because a guy who can start in the major leagues, even if he's an up down depth starter has some value. Now, it depends on his arbitration number, but I don't see the issue if we traded away a D prospect for him. His fangraph pitch values are not terrible so who knows. He's better than Jo Jo Reyes according to his pitch values. and yes, I know that's not saying much but to me, they can cut Reyes and give the money to Eveland for all I care.

Are you f'ing kidding me? The Orioles actually traded someone that has that good of an arm and carries the potential to be a real contributor?

Look, I'm not excited about the trade either, but Martin will be lucky to have a career as good as Eveland's. Ultimately, this is just a trade that's not that big of adeal.

Archived