• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because a guy who can start in the major leagues, even if he's an up down depth starter has some value. Now, it depends on his arbitration number, but I don't see the issue if we traded away a D prospect for him. His fangraph pitch values are not terrible so who knows. He's better than Jo Jo Reyes according to his pitch values. and yes, I know that's not saying much but to me, they can cut Reyes and give the money to Eveland for all I care.

He is garbage Tony. He walks almost 5 batters p er 9 IP and only strikes out a little more than 5 batters.

On top of that, his stuff is awful.

And you give up Martin for him? A guy with good stuff who gets K's and can keep the ball down(1.49 GO/AO ratio last year)? What the hell is that?

There is no justification for this.

I think the reaction on here is a bit over the top. But maybe that's because I never got my hopes up that we were going to make some huge move at the winter meetings. Whether Eveland is worth what we gave up for him depends on what we gave up for him, which we don't know yet. Unlike SG, I'd give up something to get him. Probably a guy who is out of options and isn't likely to make the team, like VandenHurk.

Look, I'm not excited about the trade either, but Martin will be lucky to have a career as good as Eveland's. Ultimately, this is just a trade that's not that big of adeal.

Whatever, you don't get it. YOU DON'T TRADE ANYTHING OF VALUE FOR A GUY THAT YOU CAN GET OFF THE SCRAP HEAP AT ANY POINT!

Do you think it is smart for this organization to do stupid things? Do you think we are going to advance in this division by being freaking morons?

Does this make you begin to question DD's judgement?

I mean thank goodness there wasn't a leak on this deal it may have fallen through.

This can't be the deal. Can it?

It's like Lewis Black getting a Dreidel instead of a horse for Hanuka.

It is a deal. They mentioned that two could be announced today. Based on what the first two DD trades look like I am pretty sure that I will not be interested in the third. Maybe we are freeing the minor league system up for some upcoming international signings.

Archived