Morosi on Fielder's suitors...including the Orioles

MrOrange82

I'm starting to get a good feeling about this.

He isn't getting any long term deals that he likes, so maybe he'll decide the best move for his career is to crush the ball through the warehouse for a few years and then get paid again. I don't care if we're his last resort or we're being used, that would be SWEETT!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned this last week. DD sells Boras on the idea PF will be signing another contract in 5 or 6 years and if he plays well in the AL East another team may be ready for another 1B or DH by then. If we have a limited trade clause you know he will choose the teams that contend and have money. We can always trade him in two or three years if we have groomed someone else and to reload with more players coming in a deal. I think the Texas heat would be a negative for a heavy guy and even the slim players talk about the heat. It's the Orioles or Seattle and I don't see him playing in Seattle because of the distance to the fences.

I mentioned this last week. DD sells Boras on the idea PF will be signing another contract in 5 or 6 years and if he plays well in the AL East another team may be ready for another 1B or DH by then. If we have a limited trade clause you know he will choose the teams that contend and have money. We can always trade him in two or three years if we have groomed someone else and to reload with more players coming in a deal. I think the Texas heat would be a negative for a heavy guy and even the slim players talk about the heat. It's the Orioles or Seattle and I don't see him playing in Seattle because of the distance to the fences.

I like the way you think! :D

Are you kidding me? I grew up in NoVA and went to college 25 miles away from where the Rangers play. I wouldn't wish a MD/VA August and September on my worst enemy.

And how is he going to hold up playing on the turf in Toronto?

And while the Cubs may not be a bad fit, there's no DH there for him to rest later in his career.

Baltimore is the closest team that is pursuing him to his Orlando home.

We are the best fit of the teams that want him.

And how is he going to hold up playing on the turf in Toronto?

And while the Cubs may not be a bad fit, there's no DH there for him to rest later in his career.

Baltimore is the closest team that is pursuing him to his Orlando home.

We are the best fit of the teams that want him.

Except for the fact that we have an owner who is completely unwilling to spend big money, and we have been a punchline for the past decade and a half. If nobody is willing to pony up to his ludicrous demands, he'd probably rather stay in Milwaukee, where he's at least sniffed the playoffs.

Something to consider in this equation; Fielder wants an opt out clause. So an AL team close to Orlando, who offers 10/250M, a NTC with an opt out, short fences and is a contender, gets him.

Well the opt-out clause is speculation. And I'm not sure why he'd want an opt-out clause when if he gets $25 million per season, it's going to be hard to top it, especially once he reaches 30.

Except for the fact that we have an owner who is completely unwilling to spend big money, and we have been a punchline for the past decade and a half. If nobody is willing to pony up to his ludicrous demands, he'd probably rather stay in Milwaukee, where he's at least sniffed the playoffs.

Milwaukee can't afford him.

Seattle isn't that bad for lefty power hitters. It's righties that really get killed.

Seattle isn't that bad for lefty power hitters. It's righties that really get killed.

Still, OPACY's fences are much friendlier as are Yankee Stadium's which Fielder would also get to play in...

He could hit 45-50 HRs in the AL East stadiums where he has to deal with Oakland and also Angels Stadium, which is surprisingly pitcher friendly, by playing in the AL West.

Still, OPACY's fences are much friendlier as are Yankee Stadium's which Fielder would also get to play in...

He could hit 45-50 HRs in the AL East stadiums where he has to deal with Oakland and also Angels Stadium, which is surprisingly pitcher friendly, by playing in the AL West.

The only wat the O's sign Fielder is if the other teams in on him, hold their ground at 5/125M and PA has a major Jones for Prince, they could offer him 7/150M or so and get him. But that has about a .001% chance of happening.

It's a simple equation. Pay him 15-20% more than he would get elsewhere, and Fielder will come play for an abysmal team in Baltimore.

Otherwise, he can go to Chicago, Toronto or Texas and be a lot closer to winning.

Archived