#Orioles and #Braves are making progress on an Adam Jones deal. Hearing Jurrjens is involved

Greg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DD was on the record asking for JJ, Prado plus 2 top prospects for Jones. Atlanta refused. But if they come back without Prado (JJ plus 2), I would do it in a heartbeat.

I can't imagine the Braves giving up JJ, and two of Beachy, Minor, Delgado, Vizcaino, and Teheran. My guess is JJ, Delgado/Minor and Prado with the Orioles playing moving one of Prado/Reimold and Matusz in another deal for Floyd plus another prospect/player.

I was kinda wondering the same thing. Could it be him speculating the trade talks picked back up because of the potential Coco signing?

Not sure. I've been following him for a bit and I haven't seen a scoop come true yet but he's broken some big stuff in the recent past.

Morosi follows him if that means anything...

Adam Jones' twitter profile doesn't mention anything about being the "outfielder for the Baltimore Orioles" anymore. Is this new? #Orioles

Yeah, it means that Adam Jones is getting information he doesn't like and is tired of hearing his name in trade rumors. I can't blame him, but it is the nature of the game.

Which Atlanta prospect do we want the most out of Beachy, Minor, Delgado, Vizcaino, and Teheran? Who would be our second choice?

Julio T. without doubt, question or pause. Vizcaino I think ends up a RP, Delgado has similar stuff to Matusz that I don't think will play well here, same with Gilmartin, and Minor is probably next best after Julio.

Which Atlanta prospect do we want the most out of Beachy, Minor, Delgado, Vizcaino, and Teheran? Who would be our second choice?

Teheran's one of the top pitching prospects in baseball. He'd be the clear top choice. Vizcaino and Delgado are pretty close for me. Beachy then Minor would be behind those three.

1.22 WHIP and 90 Ks in 150 IP is all I need to know about this deal.

His K/9 is not great, but his numbers suggest that he would be a #3 in the AL East at worse and that is before we know what parts are in the deal. We want an ace for Adam Jones and he doesn't warrant an ace IMO. If dealing Jones sets us up with three #3 starters with upside than sign me up.

If we got JJ, Prado, and Beachy/Minor out of the deal, I'd be pretty happy...especially if we're able to flip JJ sometime during the season.

Archived