MLB Network discusses Fielder to Nationals

BilboBaggins

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see. DC is Out. Seattle is Out. Texas is waiting. Where else is the big fella gonna get his cashly due?
The Mariners have an offer on the table. When did they pull out of the bidding? Just because Prince hasn't accepted it, yet, doesn't preclude them from closing in on a deal. Milwaukee could get back into the bidding if the price falls to a 5-6 year deal. D.C. is on the periphery.

The Mariners have an offer on the table. When did they pull out of the bidding? Just because Prince hasn't accepted it, yet, doesn't preclude them from closing in on a deal. Milwaukee could get back into the bidding if the price falls to a 5-6 year deal. D.C. is on the periphery.

Milwaukee can't afford Fielder supposedly. They had to defer part of ARam's contract to afford him.

DD will deliver the Prince in time for Fanfest. If it's between Seattle and Baltimore it will be the Orioles. This will not be his last contract and he should do well with the distances to the fences more favorable to him in Baltimore. Don't forget his contract is very affordable for PA and he will probably only pay half of it if he sells the team in the next three years as expected. The money for the Prince should be considered an investment and one that will increase the value of the team as they try to get to .500 and hopefully above if we can add Floyd and Jackson or Saunders.

Ah, yeah. Milwaukee. Good call.

Seattle or DC is where he ends up IMO.

If Texas misses out on Darvish, there is a chance there I suppose.

I would think that if the Rangers can't sign Darvish there is a good chance Texas gets involved. My guess is that Boras/Fielder are just waiting to see how it plays out. We'll see...:scratchchinhmm:

I would think that if the Rangers can't sign Darvish there is a good chance Texas gets involved. My guess is that Boras/Fielder are just waiting to see how it plays out. We'll see...:scratchchinhmm:

But how much longer does Darvish have and will Fielder/Boras want to continue to drag this out for that long?

I would guess Texas gets something done though.

But how much longer does Darvish have and will Fielder/Boras want to continue to drag this out for that long?

I would guess Texas gets something done though.

December 19th, I think, was the day it was announced that Texas had won the rights. I guess that's the day that the 30-day clock started ticking. That would leave about 10 more days of waiting to see what happens with Darvish. No idea if they grant extensions or not, did that happen with Dice-K? The Pujols contract managed to go down pretty quick so maybe it won't drag on too much. Ultimately, I have no idea what's going to happen. :D I'm very interested to find out. I think he's a great fit for the M's, Nats, Rangers or O's (:)) I hope, personally, that he doesn't end up with the Rangers, would rather see him end up on a team like the M's or Nats (if not the O's) and try to help put them in contention.

Archived