Matt Angle DFAed

ChaosLex

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is very disappointing. I hope Jai Miller is good enough to stick, though I'm not at all convinced he's a better player than Angle.

I'm in his boat. Funny how the Dodgers have room for him, but the Orioles didn't. Angle may not ever be a star but I bet he ends up with a nice little major league career despite his lack of power.

That is very disappointing.

It really is. You can't tell me that there are 40 more valuable players. I don't understand how he was chosen to DFA over guys like Berken or even Bell. It's true that his skills were limited, but it's also true that this hurts our OF depth in the minors, which was already suspect.

I wish Matt the best of luck in LA. He has a shot there because of his speed off the bench. I think DFA'ing Angle was beyond stupid, but hey, we're talking about the Orioles here. Maybe he was never going to be a star, but he was the almost perfect 4th OF'er – a decent bat, great speed, plus he seemed to be the only guy on the team who knew how to bunt. The question now is who plays CF in Norfolk, Jai Miller? He doesn't appear to have the speed necessary. And do the O's have anyone left in the system who is a true CF'er* and capable of playing in the ML if Jones is injured or traded.* There's no way that Xavier Avery is ready. I definitely smell a trade with a CF'er coming back.

I wish Matt the best of luck in LA. He has a shot there because of his speed off the bench. I think DFA'ing Angle was beyond stupid, but hey, we're talking about the Orioles here. Maybe he was never going to be a start, but he was the almost perfect 4th OF'er – a decent bat, great speed, plus he seemed to be the only guy on the team who knew how to bunt. The question now is who plays CF in Norfolk, Jai Miller? He doesn't appear to have the speed necessary. And do the O's have anyone left in the system who is a true CF'er* and capable of playing in the ML if Jones is injured or traded.* There's no way that Xavier Avery is ready. I definitely smell a trade with a CF'er coming back.

The reports I've read is that Miller is a plus defender in CF. He may not be as good as Angle defensively, but I'm guessing he'll be in CF for Norfolk.

He doesn't have any options. If Angle didn't make it through waivers, why would Miller?

Well, that's certainly a valid point. Timing is important. Rosters do tend to firm up quite a bit towards the end of ST. He might be more likely to clear then than now, but that's not a guarantee.

He doesn't have any options. If Angle didn't make it through waivers, why would Miller?

IMO, this makes DFA'ing Angle look even more stupid than it already was....especially if Miller doesn't make the team, which he probably won't because of Chavez.

Archived