NCAA Tournament Thread

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure why the hate toward me, but whatever floats people's boat.

Ah, the classic "act like a horse's rear, then wonder why I get grief" routine. Classic.

Just surfing through this thread...pretty funny to see all the people dancing for joy that Duke lost. They weren't going anywhere this year anyway, so I'm glad we could make so many folks happy.

So you were rooting for Duke to lose? Rrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

But I am glad you are happy for us, your trolling of the Terps board this year definitely added to the joy. :)

So you were rooting for Duke to lose? Rrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

But I am glad you are happy for us, your trolling of the Terps board this year definitely added to the joy. :)

Never said I was rooting for Duke to lose, of course I wasn't. But if they were going to be a fairly early out in the tournament (and in my opinion, that has been their destiny for months), they may as well lose in the first round so the Duke-haters can enjoy it. And I mean that.

As to your accusation that I was trolling the Terps board, please show me the posts you consider trolling. I hope you realize that I grew up rooting for the Terps, and still root for them when they're not playing Duke.

My wife is from Murray, KY and is a MSU graduate. Her best friend growing up was a cheerleader for the college and died when the team's van flipped over coming back from a tourney loss vs. North Carolina a couple of years ago.

That being said - GO RACERS!

My wife is from Murray, KY and is a MSU graduate. Her best friend growing up was a cheerleader for the college and died when the team's van flipped over coming back from a tourney loss vs. North Carolina a couple of years ago.

That being said - GO RACERS!

I'm definitely rooting for them. That Canaan kid can play.

#2's hair is awesome.

I wonder how the early part of his tourney compares to past years in terms of scoring since there's not much of it.

Since Thursday, there's only been 3 games that have totaled 150 points, one of which being a 1-16 blowout. That's out of 35 games!

Meanwhile, 7 games have failed to reach 120 points.

I wonder how the early part of his tourney compares to past years in terms of scoring since there's not much of it.

Since Thursday, there's only been 3 games that have totaled 150 points, one of which being a 1-16 blowout. That's out of 35 games!

Meanwhile, 7 games have failed to reach 120 points.

Yep..could have done well getting the unders across the board.

This Wisconsin/Vanderbilt game is hard to watch. I want Vandy to win for my bracket, but I want Wiscy to win because I love the way Bo Ryan runs that team. :scratchchinhmm:

I know what you mean, Criss. I had Duke going to the Final Four. It was the first time in my life that I actually felt a little disappointed when I saw that they had lost.

Just surfing through this thread ... pretty funny to see all the people dancing for joy that Duke lost. They weren't going anywhere this year anyway, so I'm glad we could make so many folks happy.

Being a perennial power will do that, Frank. For example, imagine if the Yankees barely made the playoffs next season at 89-73, and then were swept in 3 straight games in the first round of the playoffs against their heavily-favored opponents. Pass the dancing shoes, please. :laughlol:

Good grief. It's the SECOND round of the tournament. Those first 4 games don't count. They're play-in games.

Technically they are not play-in games, but I agree with you. I think that in order for it to be called a bonafide first round, there should be at least 80 teams in the tournament, with 48 teams getting a bye, and the other 32 playing the first round.

Technically they are not play-in games, but I agree with you. I think that in order for it to be called a bonafide first round, there should be at least 80 teams in the tournament, with 48 teams getting a bye, and the other 32 playing the first round.

Don't give them any ideas. I'd prefer they go back to 64. Stop letting teams that had seasons like UConn and Texas in the tourney. More teams like VCU and Drexel in the tourney.

Archived