Simon waived?

Can_of_corn

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks to Britt for finally clearing all this up. I wonder where Roch got the idea clubs were interested in trading for him.

I'm not sure she is right. Yes waivers are a shorter period then DFA but I still think the O's can trade him before the waiver claim is announced. I am not saying she is wrong. I just am not sure he is right.

I'm not sure she is right. Yes waivers are a shorter period then DFA but I still think the O's can trade him before the waiver claim is announced. I am not saying she is wrong. I just am not sure he is right.
Only one team can claim him. So unless another team really covets him, there wouldn't be a trade.If they don't count weekends in the 48 hrs, then a team has to trade for him by the end of the day. If Houston claimed him, they get him after that, if they still want him. Why wouldn't they? He costs what, the league minimum?

Thanks to Britt for finally clearing all this up. I wonder where Roch got the idea clubs were interested in trading for him.

Yeah, I don't know why there's so much confusion on this. It's not that hard. I also don't understand why he wasn't DFA'd.

Only one team can claim him. So unless another team really covets him, there wouldn't be a trade.If they don't count weekends in the 48 hrs, then a team has to trade for him by the end of the day. If Houston claimed him, they get him after that, if they still want him. Why wouldn't they? He costs what, the league minimum?

More then one team can put in a waiver claim. The one with the worst record gets him if the claim is awarded. My question is can he be traded before the claim in awarded?

Is there that much difference? From what I understand, the DFA is just a way of trying to drum up some trade interest before putting the guy on waivers.

Yeah, that's basically it. I think Simon would have some potential value/interest (moreso than Eveland)., so I'm not sure why you wouldn't take every opportunity to try and explore that as much as possible. The DFA gives notice to all teams that he's available.

The advantage of the outright waiver is it's quicker and may be a strategy to try and slip him through.

More then one team can put in a waiver claim. The one with the worst record gets him if the claim is awarded. My question is can he be traded before the claim in awarded?

If its' not a DFA and if he was placed directly on outright waivers (which it appears), then I don't think so.

I think so, during the 48 hr window.

Interesting. I don't know about the 48 hour window, but I guess he's technically still on the 40 man roster until he's actually claimed. Then it should be done. I guess that's another advantage of the DFA as I believe you are immediately off the 40 man roster.

Archived