Dylan Bundy Thread

caljr

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bundy left the game with the bases loaded and 1 out in the 6th inning. Chris Petrini came in and struck out the first batter that he faced, then yielded a 2-RBI single to the next batter, and then retired the final batter on a pop-out to close out the inning.

I'm just happy he's holding his own at AA. Pretty good stuff from a 19 year old. He certainly has shown that he's probably not ready to start at the ML level but he might help in the bullpen if the O's feel like they want to go there.

I do think the major league hitters will make solid contact even in small stints. I would rather leave Bundy in the minors until he upgrades the rotation. Our pen is above average and calling up Bndy was not the same situation as calling up Machado IMO.

I do think the major league hitters will make solid contact even in small stints. I would rather leave Bundy in the minors until he upgrades the rotation. Our pen is above average and calling up Bndy was not the same situation as calling up Machado IMO.

Me too. I would like Bundy to finish this season where he is at AA, start next season at AAA, and then (presuming all goes well enough), promote him to the Orioles in early June of 2013.

That way, he would be getting some experience at all of the highest levels of the minors (Advanced-A and AA this year, and AAA next year), while simultaneously giving us an extra year's worth of control of him for both free agency and salary arbitration. It would be very similar to what we did with Matt Wieters in 2008 and 2009, except that Matt started 2008 in Advanced-A Frederick whereas Bundy had some time at Regular-A Delmarva, and Matt was a few years older than Bundy, having played 3 years at Georgia Tech before being drafted in 2007 and starting his professional career in 2008.

Archived