Third Inning:Oo 26 Pitches

Fourth Inning:O. 8 Pitches

Fifth Inning:oo. 27 Pitches

Sixth Inning:O0 11 Pitches

TOTAL:OOOOOo 112 Pitches

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, that was a blunt conversation about Reynolds and the O's from the booth... good stuff.

Agreed - and Buck set the tone there with his interview. Didn't have great things to say about Davis either to be honest. I thought the whole sequence there was well done, and a little surprising.

Manfra is the worst radio play by play guy ever. And it seems like they givehim more innings than Joe, one of the very best.:angryfire:

Yep, and it stinks because he has a good voice and is a nice guy and a Bawlmer lifer; but he just can't hack it with play-by-play.

I think John Sterling would give him a run for his money.

Sterling is annoying because he loves the Yankees. Manfra gets excited way too easily and goes into excruciating detail about a play before telling you what happens.

e.g. "There's a ground ball up the middle, Andino gloves it (at this point the runner is out at 1st), does a nice little spin move, keeping his balance and tosses the ball over to Davis at 1st for out number 1."

Sterling is annoying because he loves the Yankees. Manfra gets excited way too easily and goes into excruciating detail about a play before telling you what happens.

e.g. "There's a ground ball up the middle, Andino gloves it (at this point the runner is out at 1st), does a nice little spin move, keeping his balance and tosses the ball over to Davis at 1st for out number 1."

My biggest frustration with him is he is behind the action too much, you hear the crowd which tells you what happened before he does.

My biggest frustration with him is he is behind the action too much, you hear the crowd which tells you what happened before he does.

Yup...I was actually being pretty nice about how much detail he goes into. There's probably an extra 10 seconds of dialogue that I left out.

Archived