vs. RED SOX 5/04

OFFNY

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh ... this is game is agoniiizziinnggg ...

Perhaps. But it sure as hell beats getting the **** knocked out of us by this team, like we have usually had done to us in recent years up until late last season, right ??? :)

If we can get through this inning that reliever will have to face our Righty's. He's giving up a .350 avg to Rightys

If we keep getting through innings, we're gonna have to throw Gregg out there. I already have that bad feeling we'll have to see him at some point in this series.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• That's a good take on him. Pretty much on par from what I've seen lately. He got stronger coming into this year and showed more pull side power than in his pro debut last year where he looked like he was just trying to keep his head above water.  He's becoming more interesting as utility guyish/4th outfielder type, but even though he's a switch hitter, he hasn't shown the ability to hit left-handers yet so that could limit his usefulness to a team like the Orioles that will most likely be left-handed hitting heavy in the outfield. 
    • Avoiding TINSTAAPP is still a thing.  We did see increasing interest in the 2023 draft.  Will the upward trend continue into the first 2 picks?   I'm doubtful but it sounds like the ceiling for Brecht puts him in the conversation if he's there.  Maybe a bit like drafting EBJ where both were outside the mold but checked enough boxes. I wouldn’t be shocked if one of the first 2 picks is a HS.  (Or if Elias trolls us with a college OFer!) Hit tool sets the floor.  Nothing happens unless they put the ball in play.  
    • Right. I’ve ignored him because he’s not very good and he has an extra year, and the Rockies are really weird about never trading guys even when it’s clear they should. Hopefully they wise up and that helps expand the supply side of the SP market.
    • So Mullins hits a combined .300 with RISP in 2022/2023, did only hit .213 in 2021 when he hit .291 and went 30/30 and has a slightly higher career batting average with RISP than he does overall and he is "not very good in RISP for careers".  It certainly appears that there is an element of luck when his worst year for hitting with RISP was by far his best year overall and his best years with RISP were weaker years overall, but I see no basis for concluding he is "not very good in RISP for his career". Am I missing something?
    • There’s a lot of SP who COULD be moved at the trade deadline. But who are the locks to get traded? I think it’s only Flaherty, Kikuchi and Fedde, and probably Crochet. And the Rays are likely to deal one of Eflin or Littell. If the Rangers are sellers, that adds Scherzer and Heaney, but that’s TBD. Anybody else? I think this is the main reason we could see some more off-season-type trades with players with more years of control than your typical 0.5 rental & 1.5 year types. Plus the phenomenon being talked about more of teams not being inclined to trade during the off-season when there are free agent alternatives. Hoping teams get more creative this year, like MIA and LAA with their SPs with more control.  
    • Meh it's a pooty tang 3 game stretch. Bad approach up and down the lineup, bad pitching, a bad series. This crap happens all the time to good teams. It'll get better.  Guys like Mateo, McCann, Urias, Hays.... meh. They are very replaceable. I think Mullins to a lesser degree because he gets such good reads & jumps in CF.  Now, the pitching.... we need to address the pitching.
  • Popular Contributors