5/15 vs...them

Saintbird

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just telling you what I heard from a baseball executive last week..No one wanted Bill Hall...they all said his bat speed had slowed considerably and was overweight. Even though he

hit a HR on his first game as an Oriole, you have to wonder if it isnt true.

I had mentioned in the thread for that game that Hall made Betemit look svelte.

Slobbathia has fifty eight pitches. The guys are giving him a workout tonight. :P

That many pitches in 4 innings isn't all that bad. The average pitches per inning runs about 16 to 18. If he's got 60 pitches in 4 IP, then that's an average of 15 per inning, which is slightly lower than what you would expect of a typical MLB pitcher in a typical inning.

He has had some longer innings, which is good, but he's had shorter ones to compensate, too.

I had mentioned in the thread for that game that Hall made Betemit look svelte.

Weight isn't all that important if it's all muscle. Look at Ortiz. He basically is Boston's offense. Just don't expect him to go from first to home on anything short of a LONG double, a triple, or a home run.

While Chen is on the mound, who remembers Orioles legend Bruce Chen and his meatball pitching?

Bruce Chen won a game for the Royals recently. He's still around. Of course no one is seriously expecting the Royals to compete for a pennant, but then, neither were we when Bruce Chen was with us.

We definitely have the better Chen now.

What need is he filling exactly? We got Avery. I think Tejada will replace him.

Maybe we'll see Tejada. But looking down at Norfolk I don't see many more options that are better than Hall. Bleh. Get healthy soon Endy.

Small sample size but Tolleson looks like a "ballplayer"

Play Balto, if Tolleson's contributions result in beating the these bastards tonight, it can be the most miniscule sample-size in the world, and I'll be thrilled. :o

Archived