Things have really Tightened Up in the A.L. East

OFFNY

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has been corrected on multiple occasions but for some reason he enjoys being wrong quite often.

Do you mean the Gnats are not really the Expos? I think OFF likes giving them a Devil moniker. I know he thinks the Wizards are really Bullets. And for some reason he keeps wanting to bring up the Browns.

Let's go, Cubs. This is the only afternoon game in MLB today:

RED SOX

Scott Podsednik - LF

Dustin Pedroia - 2B

Adrian Gonzalez - RF

David Ortiz - 1B

Kevin Youkilis - 3B

Jarrod Saltalamacchia - C

Ryan Sweeney - CF

Mike Aviles - SS

Daisuke Matsuzaka - RHP (0-1, 7.20 ERA)

CUBS

Tony Campana - CF

Starlin Castro - SS

David DeJesus - RF

Alfonso Soriano - LF

Bryan LaHair - 1B

Steve Clevenger - C

Darwin Barney - 2B

Luis Valbuena - 3B

Ryan Dempster - RHP (2-3, 2.31 ERA)

I'll be rooting hard for Dempster today.
Glad he's getting his AL East tryout now. We can see how he'll handle it instead of hoping for the best when we trade for him.

RYAN DEMPSTER O(vs. RED SOX 6/15)

IP:. 7

H:o 4

R:O 0

BB: 2

SO: 3

Pitches: 106 (69 Strikes, 37 Balls)

2012 ERA: 2.11

• 2 weeks later...

According to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman, the Cubs are willing to eat part of Ryan Dempster's contract in a trade.

The Northsiders will be looking for a prospect (or package of prospects) in return. Dempster, 35, has registered a sparkling 2.11 ERA and 1.03 WHIP in 81 innings this season. He's making a salary of $14 million and is set to hit the free agent market five days after the conclusion of the 2012 World Series. The Dodgers are known to have some level of interest in making a deal.

Source: CBS Sports Jun 28 - 2:58 PM

According to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman, the Cubs are willing to eat part of Ryan Dempster's contract in a trade.

The Northsiders will be looking for a prospect (or package of prospects) in return. Dempster, 35, has registered a sparkling 2.11 ERA and 1.03 WHIP in 81 innings this season. He's making a salary of $14 million and is set to hit the free agent market five days after the conclusion of the 2012 World Series. The Dodgers are known to have some level of interest in making a deal.

Source: CBS Sports Jun 28 - 2:58 PM

Gregg for Dempster. We'll eat the full $7 Million that Dempster is owed, and the Cubs can eat the $3 Million that Gregg is owed.

Hell, we'll just eat the entire $10 Million, now that I think about it.

If Dan Duquette could pull that off, I'll literally shine his shoes when I come to Baltimore for the final 3 home games of the season in September.

• 2 weeks later...

The Yankees are winning ugly.

The Orioles are hanging in there despite some rough times as of late.

Tampa Bay continues to ride the Orioles' shoulder.

The Red Sox are fading.

For the umpteenth time in the last 15 years, the Blue Jays are yet again finding out what it means to be a relatively solid franchise that has the misfortune of playing in the toughest division in baseball.

O

YANKEES ......O 50 - 32

ORIOLES ......0 45 - 38

D-RAYS ..........)44 - 40

RED SOX .......o42 - 41

BLUE JAYS... 42 - 42

• 3 weeks later...

Even though the Athletics just threw them down the stairs, the Yankees are still well out in front.

The Orioles have shown some surprising fight in them in spite of would appeared to be a very bleak outlook only a week ago.

The Rays continue to gradually fade.

The Blue Jays came up swinging after being swept by the Yankees earlier in the week.

The Red Sox continue their descent into mediocrity.

YANKEES ......O 57 - 38

ORIOLES ......0 51 - 44

D-RAYS ..........)49 - 47

BLUE JAYS... 48 - 47

RED SOX .......o48 - 48

Archived