Mark Reynolds is a Tease Someone Else Can Deal With

brianod

well good' date=' Oakland needs a closer and a 1b. Let's package them Gregg and Reynolds for Brandon McCarthy.

Done and done.[/quote']

Oakland needs a closer about as much as I need another hole in my head.

Although, I do think they'd have interest in Davis. They should. Their infield is a blackhole, and he'd have more power than anybody on their team, probably. I don't know if they could get over thier prejudice of guys who never walk though.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the game on the line, Mr. Reynolds had two at bats tonight. Tied 0-0 with runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out, Mr. Reynolds does what he does best, strikes out. No sacrifice fly, no rbi ground out, no uplifting team at bat, just the usual. Down 1-0 with runners on 1st and 2nd Mr. Reynolds gets up 2-0 and proceeds to take two strikes and pop up. I have nothing against the man and so many on this board seem to be enamored of him, I would happily ship him to Chicago in exchange for Dempster. Hell, even Soriano if the Cubs payed for it. I'd value all of our young pitchers over Reynolds. I'd value all of our good prospects over Reynolds. He's got 5 hrs and 21 rbis. Ranking 38th and 31st in firstbase eligible players. And, that's what he does best. He doesn't advance runners. He's got huge holes in his swing that can be taken advantage of by good pitching in clutch situations. Ya, he got hurt for a couple of weeks and hasn't been horrible lately. Big deal.

Bottom line, if I was going to trade for a Soriano, Dempster, Garza etc, I'd give up Reynolds before I'd give up anyone who has any potential of having a future with the Orioles.

Dude's hitting around .350 with RISP, but great reactionary thread after he has one bad game! :rolleyes:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

Bases Empty N/A 87 N/A 17 6 0 3 3 18 36 0 0 .195 .340 .368 .707

Runners On N/A 67 N/A 18 6 0 2 18 10 22 1 1 .269 .363 .448 .810

RISP N/A 35 N/A 12 5 0 2 18 5 10 0 0 .343 .419 .657 1.076

RISP w/2 Outs N/A 17 N/A 7 3 0 2 12 2 4 0 0 .412 .500 .941 1.441

Bases Loaded N/A 3 N/A 2 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 0 .667 .667 .667 1.333

Santana hasn't been one of the best pitchers in the game for a long, long time. The Orioles made him look better than he is, in part, by failing to do the little things.

Right. Its been what, 3 weeks since his NO-HITTER!!!! :rolleyes:

What's reactionary about it? Reynolds has been awful all season. He doesn't do the little things well and his propensity for strikeouts is always a rally killer. Seems like a perfectly good complaint to me... Maybe it's just TOO OBVIOUS for everyone to see it...

Not only did he strike out, but he struck out swinging at a pitch that was easily 8 inches low.

Then again, Pearce struck out in the very next at bat looking at a similar pitch.

Santana hasn't been one of the best pitchers in the game for a long, long time.

The Orioles made him look better than he is, in part, by failing to do the little things.

Right. Its been what, 3 weeks since his NO-HITTER !!!! O:rolleyes:

Not only that ........ bit that no-hitter was the second of back-to-back complete game shutouts. :eek:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=santajo02&t=p&year=

Not adverse to trading Reynolds. That being said if your gonna trade him, make sure you get some value for him is all. The issue for me is that Reynolds and Davis are essentially the same guy in many ways. You can make a case that Reynolds because of his higher OBP would be the better choice to keep but that being said, its not a slam dunk case IMO if you consider the money savings that Davis provides. Honestly if you can get something that helps this team for one or the other of them then I think you consider it. If not then you play one at first and DH the other (or play Davis in the OF). The only problem with playing them both is the number of SO generated and the impact that has on generating runs (think we can all see that).

Was it? Francisco missed by 2 feet on four straight pitches.

Stevie wonder could have drawn that walk with how badly fat frank was missing. Just saying.

When did your baseball career derail? I've never seen someone with so much anymosity towards baseball players.

When did your baseball career derail? I've never seen someone with so much anymosity towards baseball players.

how is pointing out this fact showing anymosity towards Reynolds? Should I even bother to bring up the Adam jones thread where I said people who wanted to trade him were nuts and that I was thrilled we extended him?

Or my positive posts about hammels, Jim Johnson, chen etc.?

Nah, because I went out on a huge limb and said Reynolds strikes out and committs to many errors it makes me "full of anymosity". Or because I pointed out that he walked on 4 pitches, not a single one of which was within 2 feet of the strike zone.

There are some really interesting posters on this site, I have to say.

Was it? Francisco missed by 2 feet on four straight pitches.

Stevie Wonder could have drawn that walk with how badly fat frank was missing. Just saying.

Stevie Wonder didn't hit 37 home runs last year' date=' and he doesn't lead the Orioles in on-base percentage in spite of a bad start this year. Francisco was pitching to a dangerous hitter whom very well could have given the Orioles the lead with one swing of the bat.

Or because I pointed out that he walked on 4 pitches, not a single one of which was within 2 feet of the strike zone.

He walked on 5 pitches.

I agree that there's a strange sense on the board of posters not just having favorites, but of divvying up excuses/praise in oddly oppositional ways. So strange.*

*To be fair, I texted McNulty from the game last night, pre-HR, that Betemit was a "cipher."

Archived