vs. INDIANS 6/30

OFFNY

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• A Kremer cherrypick - since his 6.19.2022 return to pitching decently for the Orioles - just 30 MLB SP have achieved Qualified Status over that now 1.75 season haul. Gibson and Kremer are 18th/19th in innings entering today (when both covered 7 good ones). One has a 7.29 K/9, 2.61 BB/9 and 1.26 HR/9; the other has a 7.51 K/9, 2.64 BB/9, and 1.21 HR/9. They are some of the weakest workhorses at per-batter effectiveness, but that workhorse capacity is their notable trait. https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major-league?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2024&month=1000&season1=2024&ind=0&startdate=2022-06-12&enddate=2024-11-01&team=0&sortcol=7&sortdir=default&pagenum=1 After today, since his 2014 first full year, Gibson lags Greinke by 40 innings and Cole by 60 innings for 2nd place behind Scherzer.    He's never been a pitcher a playoff team wanted to throw.    
    • Fantasy Baseball Poisoning is a pervasive and tragically understudied public health concern.
    • Yeah, I guess you could say Kjerstad is the contemporary version of Terry Crowley for this team. 
    • I can’t even control myself from checking the game cast prior to seeing what happens on tv, which is usually running at about a 30 second delay.
    • It's not that I'm not disciplined...phone alerts, wife, friends, etc make it harder than necessary if I can't watch a game and don't want to know the score.  
    • I'll differ a little bit...yeah, great start tonight from the perspective that he got through 7 innings of 2 run ball.  That's fantastic. But only 7 swinging strikes and 4 strikeouts against 4 walks.  He got some DP grounders but the Yankees were making loud contact in the early innings before he settled in a bit.   That's the thing that kind of confounds me about Kremer, he'll have a game where he'll strike out 7-9 batters and you'll see real swing and miss stuff and then the next start it'll be hardly any swings and misses, not as many strikeouts. Maybe that's why he's anywhere from a 3rd to 5th starter.  Tonight was a great outcome but I don't think he looked his best.
    • If you are disciplined, you can avoid learning the result and just watch the game unfold without knowing what will happen, and skip all the commercials. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now